Chapter:2

I reluctantly got into the truck...

We pulled up to a house. The second guy right behind us in my truck. The guy stayed silent the entire ride. He pulled into the drive sighing. Then pulled out his phone. He typed something in then got out. He grabbed my backpack out of the backseat then came around to my side. He opened the door letting me out.

He led the way to the front door with the other one trailing behind me. He opened the door and hung my bag up next to a black one. My phone vibrated in my pocket like I had a phone call. I pulled it out seeing it was my job contact. "Need to take that call?" The one behind me asked. I nodded. He let me step outside and gave me five minutes.

I answered as soon as the door was closed. "What do you need?" I asked. "There is a person in an Escalade driving down the street your on. They are about open fire on the house across the street from where you are. Take him out before he gets to the person inside the house. This is not a good guy. The police want him severely injured but not dead understand?" "I understand." I said before hanging up.

I got a track on the car. About here. I went between the vehicles and pulled out my gun and silencer. No one suspects that I'm carrying a gun to school everyday. It's a defense that I only know could stop a mass shooting. I spotted the car and man about to open fire on the house. I took a quick aim and got him in the hip as my guess.

I then called for an ambulance before going back inside. Like I saw anything. The Academy will keep this a secret. The one I was riding with offered me a drink and to make myself comfortable. The other one stopped me before asking for my phone then patting me down checking my boots and pockets before finding the gun in the back of my waistband.

I groaned internally. "Don't worry it's in safe hands." The one patting me down said as he took the clip out and checked the chamber for a bullet before putting them in separate pockets on my bag. Along with my phone. "Just making sure you won't try anything until you hear us out Austin." The first one said. I nodded.

Then was aloud to sit. They both sat down across from me. "We don't mean any harm. Our team was needing someone like you that can take someone out without getting caught. After saying that we'd take anyone with the skills needed you came up. At first we were skeptical about it being a bird until we dug a bit into your background. Your what our team calls a bird dog. It's another term for tomboy, only in Academy terms. If your willing to trust us we're willing to have you on our team." The first one said.

"How am I supposed to commit to something if I don't know your name?" I asked. The other one looked astonished. I guess he thought I couldn't speak. "My apologies. I'm Percy. And the one sitting next to me is Jackson." Percy said. "If you would like to meet the rest of the team, I can call them in real quick. There's only four of us right now our liaison is out with another trying to get intel on a case we have right now." He said. I nodded.

Jackson was already on his phone. A few seconds later two more guys came in. They were bigger and had more muscles than the two sitting in front of me. O.K. This may be hard.