Chapter:21

After a little bit of convincing on mine and Jackson's part, they went back to any mission or job they had. Zach said that he would bring me food for lunch, dinner and breakfast. And knowing Matthew, he'll cook it just for Zach to deliver it. All day long Jackson popped in and out making sure I was comfortable. Cade also came in and out. Every thirty minutes one or the other came in.

I enjoyed the company while it lasted. Cade and I got into small conversations about anything. One time I was watching the country music countdown on tv while playing a game on my phone and he came in to check. We got into a long conversation on how certain artists were doing and who may get the number one spot.

Dinner that night consisted of takeout from Bob's Diner delivered to the hospital. Jackson joined me after getting off work, along with Zach. The rest of the guys came in closer to nine. I yawned and honestly wanted to get comfortable. My leg was in a sling to hold it up. "I'll stay the night with her. You guys can go get showers and sleep in your own beds." Jackson said.

"Why?" Matthew tested. "Because if anything goes wrong or if she needs any more pain medicine, she doesn't trust any of the other nurses." Jackson said. "He's got a point Matt. While she's in the hospital he may be able to do more for her than we can." Luca said. Matthew nodded. At about ten they left to go home.

"Let's check your hip. I imagine you need a bath." He said. I felt a little uncomfortable with him helping me bathe. "Don't worry sweetheart. I need to shower too and your going to need help on that leg." He said coming over. He slipped an arm between my legs and around my waist to help me to my feet. Then while I stood on my left leg he wrapped an arm around my waist holding me up while he handed me a crutch.

"May need a wheelchair for a few weeks." He said. "May." I said. He handed me the other one. Then walked behind me to the bathroom. "Need to go?" He asked. "Yeah. Last time I went was lunch." I answered. He waited as I used the bathroom. When I was done I washed my hands before letting him come in. He had me sit down on a shower chair.

He then helped me out of the clothes except my underwear. I watched as he took his shirt and pants off before sitting down behind me. "I won't try anything sweetheart. I promise." He said. I then realized he had a rag in his hand along with some soap. "Let me see your left leg." He said. I lifted it up enough for him to scrub it. "You know I can bathe myself." I said.

"I don't care. I want to do it sweetheart." He said. He then went around the top of the cast, checking my hip in the process. "Might have to go get some ointment for that bruising." He said. I could see how purple, black and blue it was. It was nearly yellow in the middle. I cringed at it. He gently washed over it. His warm body warming my own. He scrubbed my belly and right below my breasts.

Then had me scoot forward a bit so he could get my back. He scrubbed my arms and the tops of my breasts that were showing. "Better?" He asked. "I'm cleaner." I said. He chuckled softly before running the rag over my body again. When I was clean he helped me stand and had me sit on the chair that was outside the shower.

He quickly showered before grabbing the towel on the hook outside and wrapping it around his waist. He then went out into the room before coming back in with sweats and no shirt. He helped me stand before asking if it was ok to change my underwear. "I know we haven't gotten this far into knowing each other. I promise that you look absolutely beautiful no matter what your wearing even if your naked." He said.

He kissed my forehead. "Do you trust me Austin?" He asked. I nodded. "That's all I need." He said before pulling out a pair of underwear from his waistband. He bent down taking the ones I was wearing off and helping me into the clean pair. His lips seared my belly when they touched them. He stood up and asked if I wanted to sleep in the bra I was wearing.

"No." I answered. "Alright. Let's get you dressed then." He said picking me up. He set me on the bed and went to my bag. He scoffed before coming back. "Looks like he got the right sweats, not the right shirt." He said. He held up a shirt that I recognized as one of Zach's. "Guess he felt bad that he wasn't one of the first here." I said. "As long as you're comfortable in them, I'm fine with it." He said.

He helped me into the sweats. "Do you still trust me sweetheart?" He asked. "Of course I do." I answered. "Then let me see this." He said slipping around to behind me unclasping the bra I had on. I pulled the shirt on over my bare torso. He laid down beside me on my right side. Then propped my foot up in the sling.