Chapter:22

Once I was out of the hospital I was in a wheelchair for two months then on crutches for another month. I'm now in a brace and crutches doing physical therapy work with a physical therapist at the hospital and Luca at home.

I finished stretching my leg and curling it up. Luca takes me to physical therapy everyday I have it. Every day I don't have it, Luca is working with me in the basement conditioning my leg and strengthening it. We're currently in the basement after lunch. My hip is still slightly bruised. I laid flat on my back same as him.

"Come her Angelo." He said. I rolled over and sat up. Then stood up walking without the brace to him. "Let me see the brace. They'll have a conniption if they see it off." He said. I picked it up and let him put it on my leg. He sat up and put my foot on his thigh next to his hip. Then attached the part that goes on my thigh then on my lower leg.

"There. Almost healed up. Cade will take a look at it before you go to sleep tonight." He said. "Can't wait." I said. He helped me up the stairs even though I didn't need the help. I sat down in the recliner that Percy usually sits in. A few minutes later he came in, picked me up and sat me on his lap even though I could sit on the couch.

"How was your day?" He asked. "Could be better." I said. "How so?" He asked. "I want the brace off." I said. "When Cade and Jackson get here they can take a look at it." He said. Matthew called for dinner. Halfway through Cade and Jackson came in and went straight to the showers. I finished quickly before going back to sit in the living room.

I let them eat before asking if the brace could be taken off for the rest of the night. Cade sat down in the floor in front of me and took the brace off. "Who put it on this morning?" He asked. "Took it off while she was stretching it this afternoon. It only seemed bruised at the knee. Still looked a little rough at the hip." Luca said.

Cade finished taking it off and helped me to stand. He bent back down to check certain points. "That hurt?" He asked gently poking at the area above my knee. "No." I answered. He moved his hand to below my knee. "There?" He asked. "No." "How bout here pumpkin?" He asked as he touched my knee directly. "Yup. There." I said.

"Sore joint. Let me see ya walk." He said taking my left hand. I took a few steps forward using my knee trying to walk like I normally would. "Small limp, not too bad. What do you think Jackson?" Cade asked. "I think it could be used more if it was taken off completely." Jackson said. "Do you want her to walk a few more steps?" Cade asked.

"Have her walk toward me." He said. Cade let go of my hand. I walked toward Jackson. My leg definitely hurting now from the lack of movement. "Any pain?" Jackson asked. "Only when I stretch it beyond what it's used to." I said. "That will be worked on. I'll loosen the brace a smidge everyday. You'll be expected to get used to it that quick." He said. I nodded.

"I'll let you have the brace off for the rest of the night sweetheart." He said. I nodded.