Chapter:30

When they all were home Jackson pushed for me to go get a shower after it was confirmed by Zach that our debts were gone. When I stepped out there was underwear and a lace bra sitting on the counter. I put them on before a towel around my body. Jackson had me put on a nice dress and some heels. Then I applied some makeup and did my hair.

It was a celebratory dinner somewhere fancy. When I was done, I put the heart necklace on before putting certain things into a matching clutch, my keys, lipgloss, and phone. I then slowly walked into the living room. They all stood up and at attention when I stepped into the room. Percy smiled at me before allowing me to take his arm.

Jackson was the one driving. Percy opened the passenger door for me helping me into the SUV. He closed it as the rest got into the backseats. He was the last one in. Matthew was sitting next to him. He winked at me when I turned around in the seat. Thirty minutes later we pulled into a restaurant parking lot. When the car stopped Percy got out then the rest of them. Cade was now the one to be my escort. My hand was on his forearm as we entered.

Cameras in certain corners and Familia Primum, Latin for Family First was etched into the wall behind the bar. An Academy restaurant. Zach went up to the hostess and said something before the lady turned to us, leading the way. She led us outside to an empty patio. A round table sat with only seven chairs outlooked the bay. I was sat at the head of the table with Cade on one side and Percy on the other. They sat as they were ranked. They sat Zach where I'd sit if he was at the head of the table.

I didn't know what to think. Matthew was the one that talked to the waitress about the food. Zach was the one that got the drinks. He's the only one that's about to turn twenty one. Yes he's nearly two years older than the rest of us. His birthday is in a week. The drinks arrived ten minutes before the food. Champagne. Wonder how fancy they're going to get just because I filled out the rest of the debt.

When the food arrived conversation started to get more serious. A leg brushed mine. I knew it was Cade. I looked over to him. He gave a small smile. He's still been terrified of sex. That group of girls he was with before us got kicked out of the Academy for what they did to him. If I ever see them around, I will hurt them and I will not show mercy. He may also be waiting for the right time.

Last time I slept next to him was before everything went down. I absolutely want to sleep next to him tonight. He looks tired from the twenty four hour shift. I brushed his leg back causing him to nearly jump. "You alright there?" Percy asked from his seat. "Yeah." Cade said. I asked him silently if he needed to speak with me. He looked down then back at the rest of the guys.

'Not now. At home.' We finished up before they all split the check six ways. Matthew was now the one that led me to the car. Once at the house I knew it was time to spend some alone time with Cade. I let him change before coming into my room. I locked the door so the others couldn't come in. Then laid down next to him.

I held him close as I kept most of my head off of him. His sigh meant he was comfortable with this. "Cade." He looked down to me. "Hm?" He said. "You know you can talk to me when you need to." I said. "Yeah. You just spend more time with them than me." He said. "If you absolutely need to talk or need some time with me, I'll give up free time to do so." I said. "I'll even excuse myself from one of the others if it's important."

I sat up to see his face better. "They don't understand what it's like to completely fear birds. They never got to that stage." I said. "So if I needed to talk to you, I could come up to you and seek your attention?" He asked. "Definitely. They may not understand it, but once you're not terrified or feel completely comfortable around me, then we can lighten up on it. Alright?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah." He said. "Is there anything you need to ask or do before bed?" I asked. He didn't say anything. "Pie." He looked at me after I said the name I have for him. "Are you comfortable enough to try and get closer to that step?" I asked him. He nodded sitting up. I kissed him before letting him get ready for bed. I then laid down next to him.

I knew he wasn't completely there yet. I took off my clothes then curled up to his side. I let him run his hands over my body even my sensitive area. I turned to kiss him. His arms wrapped around me. "I'll sleep this way if you want me to. You don't have to if you don't want to." I said. He held me against his body for a few seconds before his hands and arms moved then his legs. I heard a plop before I was pulled back to him. He was the most cautious about his body around me and here he is laying stark naked next to me the same way.

Pure bliss and one step closer to him being completely in his comfort zone around me.