Chapter:18

I finished up another mission and was climbing down. The second doctor tried to see if it could work out. At about five that evening a storm blew through causing Zach, Percy, Matthew Luca, and I to go into the basement with the guy to take cover while Jackson was at the hospital. I freaked out over the storm like I usually did in the evenings to night.

The guys calmed me down and kept me calm until the storm passed. The guy knew that he couldn't handle something like that. So, that second guy didn't work out very well. So here I am now going down the side of an apartment complex on a mission. Percy was waiting for me at the bottom.

I felt a tug on the rope before hearing a snap. I fell two stories down landing on my right leg. Percy came right up to me. "Austin. Don't move." He said. "Does anything hurt?" He asked. "My hip down to my ankle." I said. "Which leg?" He asked. "Right." I answered. "Jackson is on his way. Do not move an inch doll." He said. The SUV pulled up shortly.

"Is that exactly where she fell?" Jackson's voice could be heard. "Yes. I made sure she didn't move an inch." Percy said. "Let's get her to the hospital without anymore damage to it." Jackson said as he came into view. "Did you hit your head on anything?" He asked.

"My forearm." I said. "That's better than the ground." Jackson said. "This is just a precaution sweetheart." He said as he put a neck brace on my neck. Then I felt something slide under my legs. Before it was carefully turned so I could put my hips and arms on it. "Put the back seat down in the car. Tell Matthew and Luca to meet me at the hospital." Jackson said.

Once the car was situated both he and Percy lifted me up into the car. "Meet ya there." Jackson said before closing the hatch and getting in. "Ok. Explain how it happened." He said. "Was halfway down about to the second floor when the rope broke." I said. "So in other words you fell two stories landing on your right side." He said. "Yeah." I said.

We got to the hospital in no time. The back hatch opened. "Never wanted you to end up in the hospital." Matthew said. "None of us do." Luca said as they both carefully pulled me out. Two nurses came out with a stretcher. Luca and Matthew held what I was on still. Jackson and another nurse got me onto the stretcher carefully on my left side.

I felt a little relief on the side that hurt. I could see Dr. Roberts approaching. "What happened?" He asked. "She fell two stories down after going down the side of a wall and the rope snapped on her." Jackson said. "Get her into the x-ray room. That's the first thing that needs to be done." He said.

"Want me to take over doc?" I turned my head to a guy in red scrubs and a white coat. "If you want to." Dr. Roberts said. "I'll assist if you don't mind." Jackson said. "You know her better than any of the other nurses." Jackson rubbed my arm in reassurance. He turned his head to Percy, Luca and Matthew.

Silent communication. 'I've got her nothing is going to happen to her with me there.' The three of them nodded before going to find seats. We got to the x-ray room without an incident. "I'll pick her up at her head." Jackson said. The one in red scrubs nodded. They both lifted me up at the same time. Then the doctor went over to the place to operate it. "Any metal?" Jackson asked.

"No. My phone and gun that was in my left pocket are in the car." I said. "No holster or clips?" He asked. "No." I answered. "Alright. Don't worry. You move, we won't know if it's broken or not. We'll take several images of the leg and hip. I'll help you switch sides and make sure your comfortable between each." He said.