Chapter:7

When I finally got to their car I saw that Jackson was pulling a pink shirt down. I stopped and rolled the passenger window down. "Yeah. I've got to go. Just put them in her backseat." Jackson said. The three others moved my clothes that Jackson bought me to my truck. Matthew came around to my door and opened it. "Scoot over." He said.

"Depends on where we're going." I said. "My great uncle's diner. I doubt you have eaten there." He said. "What's the name?" I asked. "Wait and see." He said. I was forced to the passenger seat. He got in and closed the door while Luca and Percy got in the backseat. Jackson got into the driver seat of the suv. Matthew started driving and left the parking lot.

After about thirty minutes of driving we pulled up to what appeared to be a church turned diner. Matthew was the first to get out. Percy who was sitting behind me got out and opened my door. He gently took my hand helping me out of the truck. "I'd have to say. Jackson does know how to make a bird dog into a bird." He said.

He kept my hand in his as we went up to the front door. Matthew held the door open as I entered first. He followed then moved to in front of me. At the counter was a man in his possible early to late forties. He had blonde hair down to his shoulders and wearing a light blue Bob's Diner shirt.

We found a booth that accommodated us and I was put next to the window. "How are you nephew?" The guy from the counter asked as he approached. "Fine. Not like anything bad has happened yet." Matthew said. "The usual?" The blonde haired man asked. "Minus Jackson. He had to work." Matthew said. "And for the bird?" He asked. "Something healthy and has protein." Matthew said. "Alright. It'll be the same price as it usually is." He said before going back.

I was curious. "Who was that?" I asked. "My uncle. He was more enthusiastic than my father was when he found out about me. My father completely flipped his lid when he found out. I've never really met him. Only see him working around here occasionally. He never knew my birth mother or that she had stolen semen from the banks. He found out about me after I was put into the Academy because my mother was a single drunk mother that didn't care if I ate." Matthew said.

He didn't look too happy with his past life. "Can't be as bad as mine." I said. Luca got a call. "Yup. Alright." He put his hand over the receiver. "I'm going to step outside and finish this call." Luca said before standing and walking out. "I'm going to use the restroom." Percy said. "Would you like to share? It's just going to be me for the next five minutes." Matthew said.

"It started with my father then it was ok for five years then a guy in Italy, then Austria, and finally Greece." I said. "Abuse?" He asked. "For the most part. The one from Italy tried raping me." I said. "Your safe from them here. If you stick with us we'll make sure no man or dog tries to hurt you." He said before Percy came back.

A few minutes later Luca came back. Our food was brought out by a man with hair as dark as Matthew's. "He passed the plates around saying what they were before saying enjoy your meal and walking off. I glanced over at Matthew. His knee bumped me. He then reached behind me, and pulled out my unloaded gun. "Not next to me baby bird." He said before putting it in the back of his waistband.

Lease he doesn't know where the clip is. We ate in silence. When they were done, they waited on me, even taking bites off my plate until I started kicking them in the shins. They let me finish before Luca went up to pay the tab. Matthew and Percy stood up before Matthew helped me to my feet. "I think we've just about reached a decision don't you Angelo?"