Jealousy

Imani's P.O.V

Not even gonna lie, seeing Lindsey hug her brought out the little green monster in me. I've never really been the jealous type, but then again I've never loved someone like I love Lindsey. Plus, I think she was kinda holding back when she told me about her feelings for Cameron.

I mean, Cameron is pretty and sexy! Shit, I may be a stud, but that doesn't mean I can't find another one hot. She's about 5'8, light skin, big ass, and dreads. She's funny af, because she had the whole group cracking up.

"Who's that?" Kris asks marking me jump. She has Lindsey's and my food.

"Damn Kris, a little warning next time would be great. Some girl that went here last year, apparently Lindsey had a huge crush one her." I say taking are bags.

"Well, it looks like to me that crush never went away." she says walking up into the stands to sit with some varsity girls. She's right though, Lindsey is blushing and I can tell she's nervous around this girl.

Ok, time to break up this little reunion.

"Baby, Kris is back, here's your food Love." I say kissing her cheek and handing her the bag.

"Thanks babe, you've meet Cameron before." She says clearing her throat and realizing im actually there.

"Yeah, we've meet. What's up man?" I say dapping her.

"Nothing much bro, just chilling. Coming to watch my old friends play, cause im going to be the assistant coach and the physical therapist as of next Monday." she says smiling and scratching the back of her head nervously.

"Wow!! That's great Cam, aren't you going to school for physical therapy?" Lindsey asks smiling at her.

"Yeah, that's why this is part time kinda. I go to the community college down the road during the day and I come here for y'all practice after my classes." she says with a certain light in her eyes.

Well, this is great I have to watch her make googly eyes at Lindsey all the fricken time. She should have taken her chance to get her when I didn't have her. She's to late cause I will fight for Lindsey.

"That's great, Lindsey we better eat are food before it gets cold." I say grabbing her hand and leading her to sit down.

"Oh, ok. Bye Cam see you later!" she says waving to her. "What's crawled up your butt and died?" she asks me as we sit down on the top of the stands.

"The fact that you still have a crush on Cameron and she's been looking at you like your her world!" I semi yell at her.

"She does not! Why do you think that?" she asks totally avoiding the crush part.

"Because, she's looking at you the way I do babe." I say looking away from her so she won't see the hurt and sadness in my eyes.

"Imani, nobody can take your place. You are the only girl I want. Yes, I still might have a tiny crush on her, but who doesn't have a crush on someone. Just like you have a crush Samira Wiley, with her fine self!" she says making me giggle a little.

"Yeah babe, but I have no chance of being with her. You could with Cameron." I say looking down.

"Your right, I could." she says making my head snap up, and I instantly get up because I don't want to hear anymore. She grabs my hand "But I don't. I have you, and you are all that I want babe."

I smile and sit back down. I pull her against me as people start flooding the gym.

Lindsey's P.O.V.

Imani and I basically cuddle the JV game. Unfortunately, in the beginning of the 3rd quarter Varsity has to go get dressed out. After she goes in I head down more to sit. I feel a tap on my shoulder and it's Cameron.

"Hey, your girl go get dressed out?" she asks sitting down next to me. Handing me a bag of Skittles and a water.

"Thanks, and yeah. That's bae, point guard." I say laughing and taking a drink.

"That's good. So, how long y'all been together for?" she ask leaning back.

"Um, 4 months and some change." I say blushing and smiling.

"That's good. Im happy for you, but I just can't help but beat myself up for not taking the chance to get you when I could." she says looking at me with sad eyes.

"Why didn't you Cam? I was like a puppy dog! I would have jumped at the chance to be with you!" I say getting angry.

"Because I was scared! You were so cute and adorable, but also you were and still are, young! I was 19 and you were 15. Now, how would that have looked? A freshmen and a senior? Be realistic here Lindsey." she says looking at me and grabbing my hands.

"Really? After we just went over this Lindsey?" Imani says scaring the shit out of me.

"Babe, it's not what it looks like!" I say standing up.

"Save it. I just came to ask you to hold my phone, but I can just put it in my bag." she says walking back into the locker room.

"Dammit!!" I yells sitting back down and slamming my fist into my leg.

"Hey, chill. It's ok, if she loves you like I think, she will listen to you." Cameron says squeezing my shoulder.

"Yeah, alright. Thanks. By the way, I understand and I don't hold it against you. Im happy now with Imani. If she's still mine." I say holding my face in my hands.

"How bout I go talk to her? Here's five buck, god get yourself a drink." she says handing me the money and walking into the locker room before I can say anything.

Well, ok. I walk to the concession stand after being stopped to talk a couple times. I get some Nachos and a coke and ealk back to see Cameron rubbing her jaw.

"Dang, what happened?!" I say touching her big bruise.

"Well, I tried to go in there and explain and I got a very powerful right hook to the jaw from Imani and upper cut to the stomach from, im guessing, her sister." she says looking like she's in pain. Which she is.

"Alright, im gonna go grab some ibuprofen from my backpack in the locker room. Don't touch my nachos!" I say pointing my finger at her getting a painful giggle.

I walk in and see Imani and Kris laughing. I go over and slap both of them across the cheeks. Making them both jump and say 'owwwww'.

"Listen here you little shits! She was trying to come in here to explain that there is absolutely nothing going on between us! Neither her nor I want to be together. I want to be with you Imani, but you to dang thick headed to see that! She was only explaining why she never took the chance with me last year, and I fully agree with her. Now, you both overreacted! You hurt her a lot, and now I have to play nurse and janitor! I have to get her pain relievers and clean up your mess! I want BOTH of you to go say your sorry!!! Or I swear to god Imani no sex for a very long time, and Kris I will ruin your next relationship. Don't think I won't!" I scream at them getting open mouths and stares from them and the rest of the team. I grab the medicine and walk out to Cameron with Imani and Kris hot on my heels.

"Here you go hun." I say handing her the pills and my drink.

"Thanks. You two come out here to finish me off?" she says looking at Imani and Kris.

"No, we came to apologize. We're sorry for the way we acted. We should have let you talk, instead if hitting you." Imani says with Kris nodding to her words.

"I understand y'all. It's cool, just expect to be doing a couple extra suicides next practice." she says laughing at them when they look at her with regret.

"Now, go kick the other teams ass. Imani I will talk to you tonight." I say sitting down and not looking at them.