IV

As she was opening her mouth to answer me I was jolted from my sleep, waking up on the mattress with the sun shining bright

As she was opening her mouth to answer me I was jolted from my sleep, waking up on the mattress with the sun shining bright. I was gasping for breath.

Mason turned when he heard noises and then came trotting over to me, leaving Red. My breath was labored as I stared right at Red, what the hell was that dream?

I shook my head and calmed my breathing; my shirt was drenched with sweat. Crawling out of the tent I stripped out of the wet shirt, looking over at Javier who was laying beside me inside the tent sound asleep.

I walked over to the Jeep, grabbing a new shirt from my bag. Slipping on the black shirt I hung the wet shirt over the car door, so it would dry out.

I groaned, rubbing my eyes. I never have dreams, I especially never have dreams about someone I just met.

I grabbed Luna's bowls, trying to forget about last night. Taking some food, I put it in one of her metal bowls and poured some water from a bottle into the other as Luna trotted over and started eating her food.

Mason ran over to me, his eyes lighting up. "Eli." He grinned and wrapped his arms around my legs, his face and clothes were dirty. Personal hygiene wasn't much up in anyone's priorities nowadays, but I suppose it should be as that's gonna cause for us to get sick.

"C'mon bud, let's get you cleaned up." He sat on the ground as I dug through the Jeep looking for a clean pair of clothes for Mason. This car was a mess, I need to fix it up inside before we end up having to go unannounced.

I took out a clean pair of underwear, a long sleeve white shirt, and a pair of jeans. We were running low on clean clothes, I would have to wash them again soon. "Alright, arms up bud."

Helping Mason start to take his clothes off, I glanced over my shoulder looking at the gate, making sure it was locked. Before I turned my head back, I caught a glimpse of Red sitting on the tailgate of the truck, kicking her feet looking down at her lap as something sat in it. She was flipping the page when I turned back, focusing my attention back to Mason.

"M'kay buddy, one foot in, other foot in, and buttoned. Good job bud." I slipped his shoes on and told him he could go and play. I watched as he went back to the pile of toys he already had out and continued to play with them as Luna sat beside him, full and now sunbathing.

I picked up Mason's dirty clothes and put them in the bag that was dedicated to our dirty clothes.

Threading my hands through my long hair I pulled it back and away from my face, tying it behind my head.

Rummaging through the Jeep, I realized that we were low on food. Not extremely, but enough for me to start worrying. I put all of the clean clothes we have in one bag. We've already gone through two and a half bags of dog food. Worrying on my lip I looked over to Mason, still playing with some cars and action figures.

Walking over to Red I stopped a few paces away from Red, she looked up at me, folding the page of the book and closing it. "Whats up?" She placed the book back in her bag zipping it up, a focusing her attention on me.