Under the Bleachers

Mark's P.O.V

I slowly walked to the bleachers and stood under them. I saw someone walking over my way. I saw who it was, and my curiosity turned sour.  

"What do you want from me, Felix?" I asked as he came up to me so we were face to face.

"I'm done hiding behind my mask. Mark, I really like you. I've hated bullying you these past few years and I'm sorry I have. Nobody else is coming here, this is not a joke. I realized I was gay when I broke up with my second girlfriend and I thought about coming out but everybody here is so judgmental. Then I saw you. I almost came out then and there. It's been terrible bullying you, and I want to know if you can ever forgive me?" Felix asked sincerely. 

He sounded like he felt really bad. Should I forgive him? Jack is never going to like me back. Maybe this is the world telling me to move on... 

"I don't know. If all you're saying is true, why did you bully me? Why couldn't you have just kept to yourself instead of torturing me? That makes more sense than bullying me."

"I had to. Everyone suspected I was gay, and bullying you was the only way to prove them wrong. I hated it, and I hate myself for doing that to you. I want a second chance though. This time, I'll come out. I'll take you out on dates. I'll protect you."

"But what about all of the judgmental people?"

"I don't care about them anymore. I only care about you. Please, forgive me Mark. I'll do anything," he pleaded. I sat there for a few minutes. I looked into his eyes and he leaned in. I was shocked as his lips met my mind. His lips were warm and soft. I kissed back. I have to move on from Jack, and maybe this was my only chance. I pulled back slowly and looked at him.

"You're serious," I whispered to him. He nodded his head. "I... I forgive you," I said, barely audible. Felix put on a smile that I've never seen before. I leaned in and kissed him. I felt something tugging at my gut yelling at me, "What about Jack?" I pushed it down and thought, "He doesn't like me. I need to accept it. This is the only way." He pulled away, and he looked extremely nervous.

"Mark, will you go on a date with me? And maybe even consider being my boyfriend?" he asked. I smiled and nodded my head yes before hugging him. After that, he took my hand and we walked out from under the bleachers to announce that we're together. As we were walking out, we saw Jack staring at us furiously. I glanced over at Felix and saw that he was more nervous than when asking me out.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Jack yelled. Felix flinched.

"I'm holding hands with my boyfriend," Felix responded trying to sound confident.

"Since when were you gay?"

"Since after my second girlfriend," Felix responded. Jack clenched his fist and then looked at me. His eyes went from hating to soft and then back to hating when he looked at Felix. Jack looked at our hands and he seemed... sad? Then his expression returned to angry. 

"Whatever you faggots. Have a happy life together."

Jack's P.O.V

Whatever. I don't care that Felix is dating Mark. I could care less. As I walked home, I kept thinking about Mark. Damn. I do like him, a lot.

What am I saying? I'm not gay... Am I? Maybe, maybe for Mark I would be gay. Or maybe bisexual... No. I do not like Mark. Not at all. I am not attracted to him in whatever way. 

Then why am I thinking about him? Stop it Jack. You don't like him. But that's the thing, I do like him. That's why I'm so upset. I get out my phone and text the last person I thought I would ever text. I waited for their response anxiously. I looked at their text and I smiled.

____________________________________________________________

Thank you to @floofyunicat for being the first to vote on any of my books and my second follower to @Slenderboy152 for being the first person to follow me!