The Truth?

Mark's P.O.V

I was starting to get worried about Jack, so I went to the bathroom. I heard retching noises. He was throwing up. But he hasn't complained about feeling sick... Is he making himself throw up? I'll ask him about it, but I don't wanna seem creepy so I sit back down on his couch. I hear Jack coming out of the bathroom, and when he comes into view, he smiles. I smile back.

"How are you, Jack?" I ask.

"I'm great," he replies.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah... Why?"

"I heard you throwing up... Are you okay?" When I asked this, I saw him tense. He tried to hide his anxiety and worry, but he didn't hide it very well. "Yeah, I'm fine, just a little under the weather."

"Jack, I can see it's more than that. Talk to me," I plead.

"Mark... I- I can't."

"You've done so much for me, it's time for me to return the favor. What's wrong?" 

"I- I have bulemia," he confesses.

"The eating disorder?" I ask. I wanted to make sure. He slowly nods his head yes. So that's why he's so skinny...

"Jack, you're perfect just the way you are. In fact, I probably weigh more than you. You don't need to obsess over what you eat or make yourself throw up. You are so skinny, and I don't want you to die. My older cousin died from bulemia, and I don't want that to happen to you."

"It's harder than that. I started out doing it because I was gaining a lot of fat. I started working out, but that wasn't really getting me anywhere anytime soon. I started eating less, and that still wasn't really helping. I got the idea from a T.V show, and I've been doing it for about a year. I wanted to stop, but I can't, I'm addicted. Mark, I need help..."

"I'll fins you someone, I can't lose you. And Jack, I don't know if this helps, but in my eyes, you are perfect."

I made an appointment with his doctor for and hour from now, and I let Jack know. I dozed off with him in my arms, and satisfied I did something useful for once.