Close

Jack's P.O.V

Mark's been a lot more snappy and angry as the wedding draws nearer. I understand he's stressed, but every time I offer to help, he just pushes me away saying he can handle it. It's quite  annoying actually. I don't even know what's planned. All I know is my best man is Ken, the flower girl is my older sister Susan since we didn't know any children, and the ring boy is my older brother Malcolm. I also know it's on July 17th. Mark said I'll know where it is on the car ride.

I get that Mark has wedding jitters, but he doesn't have to be a bitch to me. I don't know what his deal is, but I hope he gets over it soon. I don't like this side of Mark. He's always upset unless we're not talking about the wedding, which we almost always are. It's making me think he doesn't want to marry me anymore. 

I hope he doesn't run off on the day of our wedding... Or call it off. Mark is the love of my life, and we both know we're meant to be. I can't imagine him ever doing that. But he might. There's always that little sliver, that one chance that he might.

We've already gone through our wedding rehearsal. Mark is going to be standing at the podium and I'm going to walk down the aisle. My dad who has gotten over his homophobia after he got out of jail, is going to walk me down the aisle, as the tradition goes. We'll say our vows, and then we'll say our I do's, and then we'll kiss. Of course with the other stuff on the side.

That's how it's supposed to go. But that one sliver... 

____________________________________________________

Stay strong, and remember, you are loved