Planning

Mark's P.O.V

The weeks that followed graduation were hectic with planning. I had to choose my best man and so did Jack.  I told Jack to handle the bare necessities, such as guest invitations, his suit, the flower girl, and the ring boy. I was going to handle the decorations, food, time and place, and my suit. I wanted to make this a surprise for Jack, and he was pretty excited. But he wanted to help out more. He said a wedding should be comprised of both opinions, but he's told me his dream wedding and I want to make that image come true.

I finally got the time and place done today, although I wasn't going to tell Jack about the place. It was going to be a wedding at our favorite beach. We went there as our fifth date, and I think I can say it was our favorite date. The date was on the 17th of July. It was currently May 14th. I had two months to get everything in order. Most couples wait six months before getting married, but we agreed we wanted our wedding as soon as possible. 

The decorations are going to be the best part. Jack loves arches, so I'm going to place archways all over the walkway until the podium. They'll be covered in roses, Jack's favorite flower. The walkway will be a green and red carpet, the two colors intertwining.  I couldn't wait to see Jack's face. I just hoped he wouldn't realize how worthless I am and run off on our wedding day or call it off. 

The medicine has been helping, but with the wedding coming up, my anxiety and depression are raging. I'm terrified of this entire situation, and I'm just hoping Jack won't realize that I don't deserve him. I love him with all of my heart.

And that scares me.

___________________________________________

Stay strong, and remember, you are loved