Don't Let Go

Mark's P.O.V.

The first day back was... interesting. Jack was basically inseparable from me. He wouldn't leave my side because he was afraid Felix would come and try ti take me back. I was currently in my last period and Jack was sitting next to me, as usual. Felix shared this class as well, and he sat in front of us. When Jack went to the bathroom, I got a note passed to me. Probably from Felix.

Anonymous:

Meet me by the auditorium when school ends. You can bring Jack, I don't care. 

I sat there looking at the note until I heard a knock at the door and knew it was Jack. If he saw the note, he would ask about it. Ever since I went to the hospital, Jack has been way overprotective. I just want to do this one thing by myself for once. 

I hid the note and when Jack sat down, I smiled and looked back at the teacher. After another 30 boring minutes in hell, the bell rang.

"I have to use the bathroom, I'll catch you later, okay?" I said, hoping Jack didn't want to walk me there. 

"I'll wait for you outside the school and drive you home," he offered.

"No, it's okay. I've missed walking home alone with my thoughts," I replied. He looked sad, but I didn't let that stop me from being independent. 

"Okay... Call me if anything happens. I love you so much."

"I will, Jack, I promise."

"Bye," he said as he walked out. I gathered my stuff and walked to the auditorium. I saw a figure leaning against a nearby locker, and I saw him glance up and slightly smirk.

"Well, well, well. I didn't think you would show. What, your boyfriend had better things to do?"

"I lied," I said bluntly. I hated that I had lied, but I like my freedom.

"So... Do you remember me?" he asked. He fully lifted his head for me to see him, and that face was one that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

"Tyler...I thought you were expelled..." I said, slightly in shock.

"Oh, Markimoo. Expulsions don't matter when your parents have connections."

"Why are you here?" I asked, my shock developing into anger. 

"Simply to teach you a lesson. You do NOT mess with me. This is the most secluded area in the school, so no one will hear you scream," he threatened. But as he finished, I ran, I didn't even know where I was going. I ran around corners and through hallways. Eventually I saw an open classroom and that Tyler was struggling a lot. I turned a corner and hid inside the classroom behind the door. 

I crouched down and waited for Tyler to run past the classroom. I took the fading sound of Tyler's footsteps as a sign to run for the door near the auditorium. Outside, I saw Jack's car. Sitting. Waiting for me. I sighed as I was about to face his face full of betrayal.

I stepped into the car, feeling Jack's eyes on me.

"I don't recall a bathroom being on this side of the school. Or how this is the fastest way to get to your house. Explain," Jack demanded.

"I got a note from someone saying to meet them by the auditorium, and instead of bringing you, I lied to you and went alone. It turned out to be Tyler. He chased me for a while until I hid in a classroom. I'm sorry for lying, but I wanted to do something for myself. I knew if I told you, you wouldn't have let me go alone."

He didn't respond. I felt like a child trying to get out of trouble with their mom or dad.

"Jack? Say something," I pleaded. 

"I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't known something was up. I'm glad I decided to wait outside the auditorium. I'm sorry if I've been to clingy. I just love you so much, I don't know how to handle people bullying you. You shouldn't have to deal with it. I guess we've both made mistakes. But, hey, nobody's perfect. I forgive you, can you forgive me?"

"Only if you give me a ride home," I chuckled.

"Deal," he replied, also chuckling. Man, I'm so lucky to have him.

___________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for all of the reads!!! I appreciate you all and I hope everyone reading this has a wonderful morning/ afternoon/ evening. It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm getting consulted about braces, fun! At least I have a surprise afterwards. Stay strong, and remember, you are loved!!!