When I Get Out...

Mark's P.O.V

Finally.

After three days of hell, I was released from the facility. It was Monday, of course I had to be released on the worst day of the week. I saw my parents and Jack standing outside waiting for me. When Jack saw me, he ran to me and hugged me. I hugged back.

"Mark... Never do this again. Do you understand me? I love you. I can't lose you..."

"I promise, I will never do anything like this again."

After Jack released me from the hug, I saw my parents. 

"Hi mom, hi dad," I said sheepishly. To my surprise, my dad spoke up.

"Mark, I- we, feel so bad. If there is anyway we can make this up to you, tell us. We want to make up for lost time," my dad said. He was on the verge of tears. 

"The only thing I can ask is for you to be there for me when I ask but still give me my space. Also, please never drink again..."

"We promise," my parents said, almost in unison. I pulled them all in for a big group hug. My parents drove me home, and I stared at the passing trees. I looked at the prescription medicine my doctor gave to me. It would help with my depression and anxiety. I decided to take one right now.

"Honey?" my mom asked me.

"Yeah mom?"

"Your dad and I have an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting tonight, do you want to invite someone over for company?"

"Can I invite Jack?"

"Of course. But we know you two are dating, so make smart decisions," my mom joked. My dad laughed along with my mom and I. 

"Mooooooooom," I whined, blushing out of embarrassment. I texted Jack after that conversation and he said he will be over in ten minutes. My parents left just as Jack got here. They weren't going to be home until 10:00 and right now it was 4:00.

"What should we do with our 6 hours?" Jack asked me when he arrived at my house, wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed and plopped onto the couch. Jack came up to me and snuggled with me.I put on a movie that I had never seen before. I glanced down at Jack and saw he was asleep. I put my arm around him and fell asleep as well. 

I had a dream. It wasn't a good dream.

"Mark, I'm leaving you. You aren't the person I thought you were."

"Please, not you too. I don't want you to leave..."

"I'm sorry, I can't deal with you. You're too self centered. You're always talking about yourself and you think that everybody should care you cut yourself. Well, guess what? We don't."

"Jack I-"

"No, Mark, goodbye."

Then he walked out. Just like that. I went into a corner and cried. I looked all over for my parents, but then I remembered they left me. They don't care. Who would? I looked for anything sharp. I heard someone calling my name. I looked around, but couldn't see anyone. 

"Mark? Mark. Mark! MARK!"

I woke up with a wet face and I was in a cold sweat. I saw Jack in front of me. I hugged him tightly.

"I thought you left me. It felt so real. I'm sorry I'm so self centered."

"What? Mark, you are NOT selfish. You are the most generous person I have ever met. What happened?" Jack asked, worry visible on his face. As I explained my dream to him, he started to get angry.

"Felix said that. He said you were self centered. Mark, just because you need someone to talk to doesn't make you self centered. If someone calls you that, they are just too lazy and don't deserve you. You are amazing, you are nice, you are strong. Don't let anyone tell you different, okay?"

"Okay." 

"Mark?"

"Jack?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

With that, he leaned in and kissed me. It was slow and soft, but it was filled with love. We pulled away and rested our foreheads against each other. We smiled and fell back asleep on my couch.

________________________________________

Sorry about this. Even I was cringing reading back on this. Stay strong, and remember, you are loved!