past | 1

Chapter 1:
Past

"You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now"
-Taylor Swift (Safe and Sound)

"Alyssa please stop running with that lollipop in your mouth!" Zach called after the little girl, who now held the age of four years. She giggled but did what was asked of her. She stopped in the middle of the hallway, and took the cherry flavored candy from her small mouth before continuing on with her pretend game of knight and princess.

At times it would be Zach who played the brave knight that saved princess Alyssa from the tall counter. And they usually ended it with the two turning on the radio and dancing around the main room as if they had no care in the world.

She eventually made her way into the kitchen where her single father had leant over the counter, seeming a little distressed. A bunch of papers were scattered about and a pen rested within his slim fingers; tapping aimlessly at the marble counter. She bounced over to him, tugging at his shirt to catch his attention. It didn't take long, as he almost instantly looked down at his beautiful daughter, his whole aura changing completely.

He smiled as she put the lollipop back in her mouth and made a gesture showing she wanted to be picked up. Zach did just that and placed her on the counter where papers weren't placed.

"Tanks for the candy daddy" she smiled before giggling; her cheeks turning even darker than they usually are. Just like Zach's. There was no denying that the two were related. They looked practically identical. All except for her lighter brown eyes (that turned hazel in the sunlight) and her thin lips; that occasionally twitched into a smile with her cheeks puffing.

"You're welcome princess. Can I have a lick?" He asked. Alyssa just looked at her father before smiling and nodding. She held it up to his lips and he took a simple lick, making his daughter giggle. "Sweet...just like you" he grinned as he began tickling her and placing kisses all over her face.

°°°

Zach was lazily laying in his hospital bed, his body still feeling weak and sore from only having a child taken out of him a few hours ago. A crooked smile was on his pale features as he listened to his little sister go on about what happened to her at recess. His parents and brother were also in the room, casually waiting for the reveal of their newest addition to the Herron family. Thankfully their wait wasn't long, as the sound of a door opening and a baby crying is what made them all fall silent and snap their heads in the direction of the sounds.

"And here is your beautiful daughter" the same comforting nurse grinned as she placed the small infant in Zach's arms. The boy practically melted at the tiny form, who instantly stopped crying. She opened her small eyes that beamed bright in the light. Zach felt himself tear up, but keep a bright smile on his face.

"Hi there baby. I'm your daddy" he croaked out. "From now on it's just you and me" he looked up at his family. "And of course with your new grandparents, aunt and uncle" they all chuckled at that. "I don't know you yet, but I already love you. I wish your other daddy was here to love you also" Zach felt a hand being pressed to his shoulder.

"Name?" The nurse asked.

Zach just looked at his little girl.

"Alyssa. Alyssa Marie Herron-Avery."

"Perfect."

°°°

"Are you ready sir? We're going to put you under anesthesia now" a kind nurse said. She gave a small smile, that only comforted Zach in the tiniest bit. His nerves were a lot larger than he thought, as he looked at the hospital room door once again.

"Can I just have a few minutes more? I can take the pain" Zach asked as he cringed from yet another striking force that had hit him. "He'll be here. Just give him a fe-" he was cut off.

"Sir, if we postpone any longer than your body will be in even worse condition. I don't think your tiny frame could take all of that pressure" the lady now spoke, her emotion flipping to worry. She looked at the door herself and sighed. She felt bad for the boy who didn't look all too old. Maybe a fair age of seventeen. "Don't worry."

Zach looked at her, his eyes tearing up just the slightest. Why did he even think that the one person who needed to be here would show up? He had better things to do than be at his own daughter's birth, right? His career was of course more important than what he had created only nine months ago.

"I'm sorry. Go ahead. Put me under" Zach chocked out as he rested his head back on the pillow, and just stared up at the plain hospital ceiling. The nurse grabbed his hand, making Zach look at her sadly.

"It's going to be okay. And considering whoever you're waiting for didn't show up, I'll hold your hand the whole time" she smiled warmly, allowing Zach to crack his own grin. And when he seen the nurse give a head nod towards another doctor, Zach closed his eyes and allowed them to put a mask over his face.

°°°

Zach was standing in the bathroom, about to hopefully sleep without the kicks from the child forming within him. But just as Zach was wiping his face clean from any extra water that may or may not still be on his face, he doubled over in pain. He clutched the sink tightly, his knuckles turning white at the firm grip. And he let out another groan, as he felt his lower half beginning to feel on fire. He dropped to his knees while holding his round stomach gasping at the agonizing pain.

"Oh god" he groaned out. He carefully got up before stumbling to his bedroom, almost collapsing to the floor. He quickly grabbed for his phone and dialled the familiar phone number everyone should know by heart.

"911, what's your emergency?" a lady said gently through the phone.

"I'm going into labour. I need an ambulance" Zach replied letting out a harsh groan. The lady perked at this and instantly grabbed a pad to begin writing his information down.

"Okay sweetie, just breath. What's your address?" Zach didn't waste a second on telling her everything. She was the one to end the call. And with the chance, Zach had called the one person he really needed at the moment. He promised he'd be there. Even if things were beginning to get hectic with his life and career.

°°°

"Mom" she hummed showing he caught her attention. "I'm pregnant" Zach had lifted the test to prove he wasn't lying. And when he seen her expressionless face, he began to tear up.

"Oh no sweetie, it's okay. We'll get through this together" she responds while wrapping him in a comforting hug.

°°°

"I love you Jack" Zach said as he looked up at his lover.

"I love you too" he responded as he placed a gentle kiss to the other's lips. And with that, the two had a lust filled night that had shown every emotion they have ever felt for each other.

°°°

It's me and I'm back with another book! Yay, I hope! I hope you all enjoy this and if you haven't already you should check out my other books. You don't have to if you don't want to.

Thanks
-Nevaeh