anger | 10

Chapter 10:
Anger

"I've been trying to fix my pride, but that shit's broken"
-Jon Bellion (All Time Low)

Zach had just gotten done with wiping a table clean, when the door to the run down diner had chimed from the bell. At the mention of a new customer, Zach snapped his head up and directed his attention towards the door. He quickly noticed it was the famous males from the boy band that was quickly reaching it's peak. Zach left the rag on the table, a scowl etched on his face as he approached them. His arms were crossed as he looked them all over. Jack cringed at such harsh stare, but kept his posture.

"What are you guys doing here?" Zach scolded. The four of them stepped back in caution.

"I'm here to eat something" Corbyn announced as he scooted past and found a seat in one of the many booths. Jonah rolled his eyes at the blonde, before following after.

"I just wanna talk, Zach" Jack explained after. It's only been a day and the curly haired male felt himself slowly going insane. Zach always had that effect on him though. Daniel awkwardly coughed, making Zach eye him. The brunette rolled his blue orbs before clicking his tongue.

"I don't. I told you, Alyssa wasn't ready to be out in the spotlight, but there you go and do what you want" Zach scoffed as he turned around and made his way over to the table that held Jonah and Corbyn. The two seemed to be in some heated debate. It was quickly shot down when the other three had approached.

"And I understand that! But it was eventually going to happen, Zach. And eventually they're going to know about you too" Jack explained as he stood facing Zach's back. Daniel took a seat in the booth, keeping his head low.

"So do what you always do. Lie!" The younger snapped, turning to face Jack with anger clearly written on his features. They even had gotten a few stares from people who were casually sitting around. Zach sighed, grabbing hold of Jack's wrist and dragging him out of the diner. And once they were a good distance away, Zach released him. "I know this whole dad thing is new for you, but understand it's not about you. It's about Alyssa and her needs."

Snap!

"And how am I supposed to attend to her needs when I'm not even allowed to see her? You're cutting me out again, Zach. You've pushed me away ever since I've auditioned for this band" Jack replied. He was digging up things Zach rather keep buried.

Snap!

"That's because I didn't want it to hurt so bad when you finally left!" Zach felt tears prick his eyes, while Jack looked at him in shock. "I knew you would leave eventually. And you could have anyone you want, Jack! Anyone! You shouldn't be bothered with me or Alyssa" Zach dropped his head, crossing his arms over his body. He was shaking slightly, the tears finally escaping when Jack had wrapped his arms around him.

Snap!

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

Zach looked up at him. He wiped his tears away, moving away from Jack.

"Would it have mattered? You have everything you want. The fame, the fortune, you even met Alyssa and she loves you" Zach dryly chuckles. Jack couldn't help the frown that seemed to be stuck on his face.

"I don't have you" he said bluntly. It took Zach completely off guard. And he would have said something back, if Daniel didn't come storming out of the diner, angry as ever. Corbyn and Jonah weren't too far behind him, calling out with upset expressions. Whatever that had went on between them, was clearly a very heated argument.

Snap!

"Leave me the hell alone, alright!? My feelings never mattered anyway. It was always about her and if she found out!" Daniel kept storming in the direction of a black van. He opened the door, getting ready to enter.

"Could you just wait and maybe hear us out?" Jonah shouted, jogging over to Daniel and stopping him from getting in the vehicle. Daniel let out a sigh, before groaning as he stood in front of Corbyn with smoke practically leaving his ears.

Snap!

"What's going on?" Jack questions as he approached the other three. No one answered.

"Nothing that concerns you" Daniel spat.

"Well, it concerns me when it's between my band mates who can't even look each other in the eye" Jack instantly replies. Daniel rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, like how you can't even look Zach in the eye" Daniel mumbled. Jack heard and glared, pushing him the slightest. The brunette pushed him back, making Jonah get inbetween the two.

Snap!

"What the hell is your problem!?" Jack asks.

"Like I said, it doesn't concern you" Daniel seethed. But then all eyes went wide as a voice shouted out.

"I slept with Daniel!"

Snap!

All heads snapped in one direction, making a certain male angry.

"You slept with Daniel!?" Jack repeats, his hands tightening into fists.

"You slept with him!?" Corbyn said himself, jaw tightening as he glared coldly at Daniel. The brunette flipped him off.

Snap!

"Why the hell did you sleep with Daniel!? When did you-" Jack started as he was soon cut off.

"I don't know why I did. I've always had an attraction, you out of everyone knew that. And it was the night right after your concert. He stopped by, we talked and one thing lead to another" Zach answered his voice emotionless. Jack doesn't tell him what to do. He can hook up with who he wants, whenever he wants.

"I don't understand why you're all worked about this? You have a girlfriend remember" Daniel snickered, crossing his arms. Jack glared at him. Zach on the other hand was hurt. He shouldn't be, but he most certainly was.

"So does Corbyn, that didn't stop you..." Jonah mumbled, making Daniel throw daggers his way.

"Wait! You slept with Corbyn too?" Zach wondered, his eyes wide. Corbyn felt his cheeks tint.

Snap!

"Great going, Jonah" Daniel seethed. Jonah threw his hands up, backing away.

"You dirty whore" Jack blurted. Daniel immediately ran up to him, shoving him towards the ground.

Snap!

"Zach was an in the moment fling. And what I do with Corbyn is between us. But sense it's already out there, he came onto me...multiple times. But of course my dumb ass actually felt something" Daniel looked at Corbyn, his gaze softening. "But it doesn't matter, right?" And without another word, he turned around and began to walk away.

Snap!

°°°

Long wait. My bad. And sorry if it sucks...

-Nevaeh