meeting | 3

Chapter 3:
Meeting

"You cut me open"
-Leona Lewis (Bleeding Love)

Zach found himself brushing his daughter's hair into a ponytail, her giggling as she watched him do it through the bathroom mirror. She sat on the counter facing the large mirror, while Zach stood behind her focusing on his work. The father of one smiled bright as he had finished. He placed the brush beside his daughter and placed a quick kiss on her cheek. She smiled too, letting out a whine as she pushed her father away. Zach pouted, making Alyssa laugh.

"Sorry daddy, but no kisses toway" she stated, turning to face him. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow and playful grin.

"And why is that?"

"Because" she sighed dramatically. "I gotta save woom for my other daddy. If you kiss my cheeks, he won't have anywhere to give his kisses" she answered. Zach frowned at her answer, not expecting it.

When he told her about Jack, he didn't expect for her to become interested so quickly. But then again, she had gotten that curiosity trait from the both of them. He should have known she would act like this. Especially when she started asking where he's been this whole time.

"Fine. Can I have a kiss then?" He asked then after tapping his cheek with his finger. Alyssa looked to be thinking about it, before carefully standing to her feet on the counter and leaning to give her father a wet smooch on his right cheek. Zach was content and wrapped his arms around her. He lifted her from the counter and gently placed her back on the floor. She left the bathroom right after, making Zach shake his head with a snicker.

"Come on daddy! Help me tie my shoes!" Alyssa shouted from their main room. She sat on the floor, her pink sneakers next to her. She was already putting one on, her tongue poking out the tiniest as she concentrated. Zach approached soon after, helping the four year old. She was practically bouncing with excitement, reaching for the doorknob to the front door.

Zach grabbed her a small hoodie, along with her travel cup the four year old personally named Sarah. He doesn't know why she did it, but thought it was cute and allowed it.

"You ready, princess?" Zach questioned as he opened the door. Alyssa let out a tiny squeal as she left the house. She was nodding her head, along with saying a happy "yes" as she skipped to their older car. She stood on her tippy-toes as she again began to reach for the car door this time. Zach closed and locked the house door behind the two, right after going over to his daughter and helping her with the car door. She climbed in and sat in her floral printed car seat. She even buckled herself in, kicking her feet back and forth.

Zach loved that she was so happy. And he loved that she was giving Jack a chance; even if Zach promised he wouldn't. He couldn't let someone who broke him, try and come back and fix everything. It just wasn't possible. At least to Zach it wasn't.

Zach told Alyssa the big and main points about Jack. He was her other father; Jack loved her dearly; and he was a member of a rising boy band. At the mention of music, Alyssa wanted to hear him sing. So pulling up a video where Jack was singing, Zach had shown her that night. And it seems she had fallen in love.

Zach wished he could say the same.

When noticing that she was safe and secure, he closed the back door and jogged so he was up front in the driver's seat. He checked everything off in his head, before starting the car. He looked back at Alyssa with a smile, then carefully backing out and taking off down the road. The park wasn't too far; maybe a fair five minutes if taking a car. And once the little girl had seen the lively and bright park, her energy only increased. She was looking out the window and spotting many other people enjoying themselves.