no | 23

Chapter 23:
No

"They say a man ain't supposed to cry"
-August Alsina (Song Cry)

Zach moaned at Jack's touch, his fingers tangling deep within the many curls before tugging on them the slightest. His skin was on fire as Jack gripped his hips tightly and began to unbutton his jeans. His mind was dizzy as Jack bit and sucked deep marks onto his pale skin; marking him more than he already has. The two don't know when a small talk about their future turned into something more, but neither cared. Eventually the two wouldn't be able to hold each other so close for awhile. This was their chance to rekindle every love flaw they have ever seen in each other.

Zach opened his brown orbs, gazing down at his sparkling ring in awe. He still can't believe Jack decided to propose. No one on the internet even knows that the two were together. Zach wanted to stay out of the public eye for as long as possible. And thankfully his wishes were coming true. He just knows it won't be long before people realize that Zach belongs to Jack; and there was no way that the two would be broken apart.

"Jack" Zach moaned out. He could feel Jack smile against his skin before breaking from the other.

The two just stared at each other. The love in their eye was enough to prove that the two were for each other. And for each other only.

"I love you."

"I love you too" Jack pecked his lips. "So much" another peck. "And I can't wait for us to officially be married" one last kiss. "So I can have you all to myself."

Zach giggled, grabbing hold of Jack and smashing their lips together. Jack trailed his hands to Zach's bottom, removing his jeans in the process. Zach even began to grind their parts against each other when suddenly his phone had gone off. The two allowed it to ring, wanting to saviour each other more than take a call. Zach assumed it was his boss anyway; probably wanting him to pick up a double shift sometime later in the week. And when hearing the ringer stop, it immediately began to go off again right after. It made Zach groan in annoyance, disconnecting his body from Jack's.

Zach grabbed for his phone, checking the screen to see that it was his mother calling. His eyebrow raised in suspicion. He looked at Jack quickly before answering the call.

"Hello?" He spoke as the phone connected.

"Zach! Oh my goodness, Zach! Come to the hospital immediately! It's Alyssa. She's hurt" His mother rushed. He could even hear her say more information, but that didn't matter. His world stopped as everything started to spin. All sounds seemed distant. He even looked at Jack who was obviously speaking to him. Zach couldn't hear him though.

"W-We have to go. N-Now!" Zach rushed out, pushing Jack away. He pulled his jeans back on, running a hand through his hair before beginning his journey towards the front door. Jack was right behind him with confusion written across his features.

"Zach" No response except for the younger continuing to grab his car keys. "Zach. What's going on?" Still nothing.

Jack finally grabbed hold of his arm, the brunette turning around with tears in his eyes.

"We have to go! My baby needs me!" Zach exclaimed as he pulled his arm free from Jack's grasp. The curly haired male gasped and once again followed Zach out of the house. While he was shutting the front door, Zach was already opening the car door. It gave Jack the boost to hurry up. He had no idea what was wrong with Alyssa, but he must assume that it was tragic.

°°°

"Be careful you two!" Myta Herron yells up to the two girls who played joyfully on the playground. All they did was giggle before continuing their harmless game of tag.

Reece was the tagger. She had a bright smile on her face as she ran around the large park in hopes of catching her niece. And with Alyssa being the one who wants to get away, she maneuvered her way around multiple people and other play sets.

Reece has longer legs than Alyssa does, making the game quick and easy. Alyssa hid behind a slide, her breathing unsteady as she peaked around to make sure she was safe.

"Tag, you're it!" Reece's voice rang aloud along with her hand tapping Alyssa's small shoulder. The little girl gave a defeated sigh, before turning around with a smile and chasing after Reece.

The second Reece ran through a crowd of kids, Alyssa lost her. Her smile began to fade as she looked around. She even called out for the other, not getting a response in return. Alyssa was getting frustrated. She was about to give up and just go back to her grandmother when she seen Reece go past the monkey bars. She smiled once more and began to run in that certain direction. But it wasn't until a rock caught her foot, did Alyssa trip and go tumbling to the ground.

She smacked her head down on the ground, a ringing filling her ears. She could also feel her knee sting, forcing tears to prick her eyes. She slowly got up though, looking around to see other kids staring at her. They all looked worried. A boy around her age even went up and bent down to her level.

"Are you otay?" The boy asked. Alyssa shook her head as to say yes while a pink tinted her cheeks.

She wasn't okay.

"I'm otay. Tank you" She smiled before standing to her feet. She whimpered when pain hit her leg once more. The little boy moved strands of hair from her face, smiling too.

"Alyssa! I'm up here!" Reece shouted as she waved. Alyssa turned to see her slightly older aunt on the playground. Alyssa just flicked her attention back towards the boy.

"Wanna pway?" She asked. The little boy couldn't help but shake his head and smile bright. His bright blue eyes beamed in the light, while his shaggy brown hair moved in the wind. "I'm it, so..."

She tried to touch him, but he was already running up towards where Reece stood. Alyssa giggled and followed the little boy. But when climbing Alyssa could feel her vision start to blur, and her head get dizzy. She stopped moving and held her head. The sound of Reece calling out for her is what snapped her out of whatever daze she was in. Instead she made it up to the floor Reece stood, smirking as she went to touch her.

Reece obviously had other plans though, slidding down a yellow slide and to the ground. Alyssa looked over the railing to see that the little boy and Reece were down next to each other. Alyssa shook her head, not liking what the action had done. She began to see spots as everything around her blurred. She wasn't stable on her feet, making her try to grab hold of whatever she could. But someone else accidentally pushing her, forced her small frame to hit against the same railing. She for sure didn't know what was going on now.

She was so scared.

Her small feet moved in different ways before she was falling. She doesn't know how long she was falling for, but she knows when she landed. A scream was heard, along with her body making contact with something lumpy. The last thing she seen were those same bright blue eyes.