papa | 8

Chapter 8:
Papa

"And right from the start, you know I got you"
-Zayn (I Won't Mind)

Jack opened up the door to the black car, stepping out. Alyssa smiled as she quickly released herself from the straps of a seatbelt not too long after. She stood in front of Jack, jumping into his arms. He caught her with a grunt closing the door behind them. He watched as the car took off, before turning on his heels and beginning to enter the large stadium him and his fellow band mates would be practicing at. When entering, they were attacked by two or three people who had cameras on them. They were flashing pictures and shouting towards Jack. Alyssa clutched his form and hid her face in the crook of his neck.

"Hey Jack! Over here!"

"Who's that Jack? You have a secret daughter?"

"She doesn't look like Gabbie, so who's daughter does she belong to?"

Jack held Alyssa tightly as he pushed past the people, occasionally saying "no comment" or "please back away." He let out a deep breath once the large black back door had opened, revealing a security guard. Jack smiled thankfully at the tall man; walking by not caring what might happen to the reporters and security. He felt the tight grip from Alyssa loosen as she leaned to look at Jack.

"Dat was scawy" she exclaimed, her eyes widening. Jack chuckled at her words then placing her down on her own two feet. He grabbed hold of her smaller hand, guiding her towards a room that had a sign on it. Jack knocked on the door, it opening only a few seconds later. He was met with a smiling Jonah.

"Jack, dude. We have to rehearse in only a few minutes. Where you've been?" Jonah wondered as he stepped to the side and opened the door a little more, so both Jack and Alyssa could step through.

"Picking Alyssa up, and we might have stopped for some ice cream. Where's Dani and Corbyn? Shouldn't you be more focused on where they are?" Jack answered and running a hand through his curly locks. Jonah just rolled his eyes playfully before moving his attention towards a little girl who held Jack's hand. She looked around the large room that held a lot of games and snacks.

"She looks just like him" Jonah mumbled to himself, squatting down to her level. Alyssa instantly looked at him in caution, moving closer to Jack.

"Hey, it's okay. He's one of my friends. He's nice, I promise" Jack reassured Alyssa while slightly running his hand through her dark brown locks. She watched as Jonah smiled at her, sticking his hand out for her to grab.

"I'm Jonah. Nice to meet you little one. You look just like your daddy" he cooed. Alyssa hesitantly put her hand in his, shaking it. And when noticing that he wasn't going to harm her in any way, she allowed him to see one of her glowing smiles. Jonah practically beamed at the sight.

The three of them actually talked for a few moments before the door had swung open and then closed. All of them looked to see it was Daniel. He looked a mess, while he held an angry expression.

"Where have you've been? We rehearse in literally two minutes. And where's Corbyn?" Jonah asked as he stood to his feet and watched the disheveled Daniel mumble incoherent words to himself. Daniel looks at his two band mates with a glare.

"I don't know where he is. Probably somewhere having phone sex with Christina" he grumbled out. He stalked over towards a couch and sat down, running his hands through his crazy hair. He let out deep breaths, soon finding himself in more of a relaxed state. Jack and Jonah watched him in confusion. Alyssa on the other hand was intrigued. She assumed this was another one of her father's friends and slowly approached him.