safe | 19

I'll edit this bitch ass chapter later
Update: I edited this chapter
Chapter 19:
Safe

"So every time you hold me, hold me like this is the last time"
-Alicia Keys (Like You'll Never See Me Again)

The father of one has been driving for a few minutes now, trying to figure out which hotel Jack's been staying in. He would of texted or even called, but remembered that his phone was left in his house. And Zach for sure didn't plan on going back to that building anytime soon. Instead he just went to each hotel he could find, asking the receptionist if they've allowed the man known as Jack Avery check in. Of course every place he had gone to, the person had said "no" getting Zach even more irritated. He only had one last hotel, but it was closer to the edge of town. A place where people who much rather go to get away from life. It seemed like a place Jack would go; considering he was the one who was a celebrity and had fans and paparazzi surrounding him when they had the chance.

Zach carefully took a sleeping Alyssa from her seat, resting her small body against his chest, and allowing her head to rest on his shoulder. She of course shifted for a few short seconds, clinging her self to him. Zach simply rubbed her back, taking careful steps to the front doors of the hotel. It wasn't a bad building. It could just use a few small touches of paint and maybe a sign that wasn't rusting every time it rained.

He pushed past the decor of the hotel and entered without a word. There weren't many people like there were at the previous hotels he had gone to. And as he walked up to the brown wooden desk, a women who didn't seem too much older, gave him a small smile.

"Welcome, how may I help you today? Just one room?" The lady asked as she began to type on the computer. Zach watched her perky actions, shaking his head lightly.

"N-No actually. I'm here to see if a guy named Jack Avery checked in?" Zach spoke. The women tilted her head lightly with furrowed eyebrows before nodding and beginning to type all over again. She scanned the bright screen for a few moments, smiling brighter as she did indeed see the name Zach wanted.

"Yes. Room 204. Second floor, second door down on your right" The lady replies. She even leans over the desk to point where the silver elevator was. Zach gulped when he seen the metal contraption. But when he looked back at the women, he smiled before mumbling a "thank you."

Zach never was one for elevators. The thought of the box snapping from the ropes and falling was enough to terrify him. But nevertheless he always got on them. He doesn't know if it was because his friends always pressured him into joining, or if he didn't want to be seen as a wimp. Right now his reason was because he was holding a little girl who seemed to get heavier by the second she was in his thin arms. So sucking up his courage, Zach entered the elevator the second the metal doors opened. And as he pressed a glowing number two, the doors closed and he was soon trapped. He held his daughter tighter, not liking how his thoughts suddenly began to corrupt his mind.

Mike was an old boyfriend.

They met a few months after Alyssa was born. He really needed to start getting his money back; his mother deciding she would babysit whenever he felt like going in. Zach was completely grateful and would pay her back when he had the chance. And it wasn't until one day when Zach had taken a shift at his average job, did he get to meet Mike. The other seemed to be getting over a harsh moment in his life, Zach being someone he easily confined in randomly. It didn't bother the brunette. His customers always told him about their problems as he was a stranger, and a stranger wouldn't randomly go around talking about someone they don't know. Or at least Zach didn't.

Eventually Zach began to see Mike everyday. Ordering the same meal, sitting in the same spot. Zach even began to start growing fond of him. He seemed to be a kind hearted man. Someone who could make him laugh and smile without even trying. It wasn't long before Mike finally decided to ask Zach out on a date. Everyone could see the connection they had. Mike seemed too good to be true. And the thought of having such a perfect person in his life began to bother Zach. He knew something had to be different about him. It just wasn't until they had a small fight did Zach figure out what that insecurity was.

He was abusive.

He would make sure to strike Zach whenever he had the chance. He would make sure to hurt his mind with harsh words. It didn't feel like they were dating anymore. It felt like Zach was a slave. A slave who was trapped and contained in four walls that didn't but did belong to Mike. Even to this day, Zach still thanks his younger brother for showing up at his house randomly. If he didn't, Zach believes he would still be with Mike. Talking orders and being tossed around as if he was a rag doll.

The sound of the elevator dinging jumped Zach from his thoughts. A sigh escaped his lips before he stepped out of the metal contraption. Immediately the brunette felt lighter. He could breathe again. And as he began to look at the multiple brown doors, small whimpers from Alyssa were heard. He stopped to look at her. She lifted her head from his shoulder, her tiny hand rubbing at her eyes as a yawn escaped her lips. Zach smiled a little.

No matter what, he still has her.

"Daddy?" She asked carefully. Zach rubbed at her back. "What we doin?" She then wondered as she looked around at the new place.

"I found papa. We can see him now" He explains. He even looks at the brown door that had the number 204 placed on it. Alyssa seemed to beam at the news and was practically bouncing in Zach's arms. The father of one noticing her excitement knocked lightly on the door. It wasn't long before it swung open.

There standing before the two was Jack. His eyes brightened at the two, while he seemed to release a stressed breath. He brought them both in for a hug, kissing Zach once he pulled away.

"Papa!" Alyssa squealed as she started squirming in Zach's hands. Jack didn't hesitate to steal the little girl and smother her face in kisses. Her giggles filled the hallway, Jack stopping to invite the two in his room. And the second Zach closed the door behind them, he released a deep breath and sliding down the door. He already felt ten times more safe. But now he could finally relax and let everything out.

"Zach? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Jack placed Alyssa on the large bed, worry rising as he seen the other's upset state. Jack went over to Zach and kneeled in front of him. "Baby, why are you crying? What happened?" He wiped a few tears away.

"He came back Jack. He came back. He even tried to get Alyssa. I don't know what to do" he grabbed hold of the older and held tight. He could feel a panic attack forming, and the last thing he wanted was to allow his daughter to see his mental break down. "Please don't leave me again."

Jack was absolutely confused. He didn't know who this mystery guy was. He doesn't know what he tried to do. But he sure enough wasn't going to ask until Zach could control his breathing. The younger was practically hysterically crying, and all Jack could do was hold him.

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise" Jack whispered back. He sat up against the door as well and brought Zach close into his side. The two just sat there while Alyssa watched from the bed. A frown was on her face as she hated seeing her father cry. She hated seeing anyone upset. So getting up from her spot, she scurried over to Zach and plopped down in his lap.

"Don't be sad daddy. Papa will protect us" She says before hugging him tight. Zach giggled the slightest at her words before returning the hug.

-

Sooo, what happens next?

-Nevaeh