Prologue

Jake woke up to a severe headache and the feel of dried blood across his cheek.
Through his half-opened eyes, he saw a man standing beside him with a knife in his hand. Jake squinted trying to see more clearly in the dark as his heart began to beat rapidly.

His hands were tied behind his chair. His legs, however, were left free. Clearly, he wasn't much of a threat to the man.

The last thing he remembered was being cornered by five guys he'd never seen before in his life and then everything went black.

"Good, you're awake." The man said as he began pacing around the room."I was afraid you were going to make a bigger fuss getting kidnapped, but looked like you're not as stupid as you look."

Jake didn't understand. What would he know that they would need?

"I think you have got the wrong person." He said as he tried to struggle out of the ropes. " I don't know anything."

"Yes. Yes, you do." He replied, barely paying attention to him. " I want to know about your friend or sister or whatever."

Jake's thoughts immediately went to only one person but he still asked, "Which one?"

"You know which one. Your pretty friend." He said slowly. "Diana. Dear, dear Diana."

"What do you want of her?" Jake asked gritting his teeth. He was really protective of his younger sibling. Anyone would be. And this man seemed to be the epitome of evil.

"She is a very important person and my boss wants her back. So, it's my job that he gets her." The man said. "But it's also my job to protect him. So if she is a threat, then I will have to take care of that."

Back? Jake wondered.

The man dragged a stool and sat right in front of him. He had a scar running down from his eye across his left cheek.

"So, you are going to tell me everything you know about her and trust me when I tell you, if anything you say is a lie... my face is the last thing you'll ever see."

Hey guys

Hey guys. Did you like this chapter? I hope you did. Oh and don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks for reading.

Keep in mind that this is the prologue so it's pretty short. The length of the chapters will increase as it goes on.