•21•Karter•

The minute he hugged Diana, Karter let out a breath he didn't even realise he was holding in.

The scene was chaotic. There were people running all over the place. It seemed to be set for a wedding.

They turned to run back to the gate when he saw viper standing in front of them. He had his gun out. Before Karter could blink, viper shot.

The bullet didn't hit any of them. It hit a guard standing behind them. The guard had a knife in his hand which looked like it was going to be stabbed into Diana's back.

Karter looked at viper shocked, but not for long. He pulled out his gun and pointed it at him.

"Alex. Take her to the black car waiting outside the gate. Fox is there." Karter ordered

"Yes, boss."

Viper put his hand down. He walked up to Karter. He stood right in front of him with the gun in between them.

He looked into Karter's eyes and muttered something, Karter wasn't sure that was loud enough for anyone else to hear.

"Protect her."

He then walked away without turning back.
Karter pushed his way through the crowd. It was a good thing that the crowd was there. He could leave without having to kill a lot of people.

Once he reached the gate. Karter looked back to the building.

Viper saved his sister's life twice already.

Viper was standing on the side doing nothing to protect his men. Karter walked to him and pointed the gun to his back.

"Your father kidnapped her. It's only fair I do the same." He muttered into Viper's ear.

"Yeah, it's only fair." He replied with a smirk tugging his lips.

"Walk."

Viper walked ahead of him. No one seemed to realise what was happening.

At the gate, Sid stood there in front of an empty car.

"Tell them to pull back." He told Sid. He nodded and left. Karter pushed Viper's head and made him sit in the back seat of the car. He got in beside him and ordered the driver to start.

Diana and Alex must have already left. He hoped she wasn't injured or anything.

"How long before they realise you're missing?" Karter asked him looking straight ahead.

"One or two days" Viper replied. But it sounded more like a guess than a statement.

Karter raised an eyebrow at him.

He chuckled. "What. You think because I'm the son of the mafia leader, I'm suddenly everyone's favourite? Have a distant father and you wouldn't be so surprised."

Karter didn't reply. If he had a choice he would easily have picked an easier life than to run a mafia. Even though he was good at it. One of the best ever. But the grass always seems to be greener on the other side. So he didn't reply.

His phone buzzed.

Alex.

"What." He spoke into the phone.

Where are you? We have to leave.

"I'm almost there."

Alright.

Karter cut the call.

"I know you're kidnapping me and all. But where exactly are we going?"

"Safehouse," Karter replied