•13•Diana•

Alex came running towards them. Diana and Jake were crouching behind Alex's car. The car was beside a wall so they couldn't be seen.

Jake was almost in tears. "My parents..."

"We have to leave." Alex said.

"We can't just leave them in there." Diana said. " they could use them as bait."

Alex looked like he wanted to argue but couldn't come up with anything good.

"Ugh fine." He gave in. "I want you both to stay here and hide. I'll go get them to safety."

Before Diana could argue back saying she wasn't going to send him out alone, he left.

"Di, I can't sit here doing nothing." Jake said. Diana tried to stop him with her left hand but just failed.

Boys. She thought before running after them.

She entered the house and had to cover her mouth with her hand so that she didn't yell.

Alexander was knocked out on the ground beside Jake's parents. Diana quickly hid behind a sofa.

One of the men had Jake held on to the wall choking him. He lifted Jake up so that his feet didn't touch the floor.

"Where is she?" He growled at him.

Diana could see Jake was finding it hard to breathe.

Diana calmed herself down. Two men. She had one weapon. The gun. One shot that's all it would take for her to die.

Breathe.

"Tell me!" The man yelled at Jake.

This made Diana's blood boil. No one hurts Jake.

She got out of her hiding spot.

"Let him go." She said holding her gun up.

The man dropped Jake. He fell down with a grunt.

"She's the one." He said.

The second man started walking towards her. Diana didn't shoot. Instead, she threw the gun at his face. It hit his head and he fell back at the force. She knew he wasn't knocked out completely and it was only a while before he got up again.

She didn't shoot cause she was afraid of killing him.

The other guy growled, " now be a good girl and just come with me."

"Now be a good boy and just shoot before I kill him," Diana said. But not to him.

"What?" He said looking confused. He turned to where she was looking.

He didn't have time to think.

Alexander shot him straight in the head. The other guy grunted trying to move. Alex kicked his head with force and knocked him out.

Diana let a deep breath out. And then immediately rushed to Jake.

"Pour some water on his face," Alex said throwing her a bottle. He took one for himself and went to Jake's parents.

Diana sprinkled a bit of water on Jake's face. His eyes started to flutter. "Mom..."

"She's fine." Diana told him and helped him get up.

He immediately rushed to his mom's side.

Alex was helping them both onto the sofa and handed them a glass of water.

They both glared at Diana. Diana had never felt so helpless. Her own parents, well the closest thing to parents, were mad at her for something she couldn't stop.

Before she could stop herself a single tear fell down her cheek. She quickly rubbed it away. It didn't look like anyone saw her.

That's what she thought till Alexander came to her and pulled her into a hug.

"It is not your fault." He whispered into her ear. "Okay?"

"Okay." She replied not believing a word.

Diana walked up to them. Before she could apologize, Jake started yelling "YOU PUT MY FAMILY IN DANGER! THEY COULD'VE DIED! I COULD'VE DIED! AND YOU WON'T EVEN FEEL ANY REMORSE!"

He continued to yell but Diana didn't hear any of it. That was the last straw. Jake, her best friend, hated her.

That's when everything came crashing down. Her real parents were dead. The parents she had for the past 18 years hated her. Her best friend hated her.

Diana ran out of the house. She didn't even look where she was running. She just had to be alone.

You are alone.

A voice in her head replied.

She stopped when she reached the park. Her favourite place when she was a child. She had protected Jake so many times there.

She recalled the first time she faced up to a bully. She was just 8. She hadn't been there when he had punched Jake's face in. Jake had come crying to her, bleeding. Diana had walked up to the bully and asked him to apologize. He just laughed at her face. She punched him in the stomach as hard as she could. When he bent down in pain, she broke his nose. She could still remember the satisfaction she had when she did.

She did get yelled at later. Cause parents were not allowed to support children "fighting " when all it was was justice.

Diana sat down near the pond in the centre of the park and started stone skipping.
Her record was 7.

However that day she didn't count the number of times the stone bounced.

"8 huh? Impressive." A voice said from behind her.

Diana didn't turn around. Her face was still glistening from the tears.

Alex sat down beside her. He picked a stone and skipped it.

5.

"Not bad for the first time?" He asked.

Diana didn't reply. They sat in silence for about 5 minutes.

Just when she was about to get up and leave, he held her hand.

Diana waited for it.
The whole speech she thought he was going to give. The " he didn't mean it" "Not your fault" "dangerous mission" "can't do anything " "saved them in the end". But instead, he looked into her eyes and asked this.

"Diana shade, will you be my date?"

Hey. My college started and I swear it's hell with electricity.
What do you guys think of Alex?
Do you ship Diana with anyone or do you think she is a badass on her own???
I hope you guys liked this chapter.
Comment and vote.