25: don't leave

*Selena's POV*

"Hi" Harry starts, looking down at the sand.

"What do you want now? To hurt me even more?" I ask confused with tears continuously falling down my face.

"You started it!" Harry shouted. We've always been very competitive.

"Well yea but you said all those mean things" I whined

"Yea but still... You started it" he huffed

"What do you want then? If you want to apologize, make it quick" I ask a little to snobbishly, in all honestly I didn't care. I just wanted him to be gone. 

He looked up at me in disbelief.

"What makes you so sure I came here to say sorry?" This fight was so useless, we'll just be continuously picking out little things to say to each other so we didn't have to admit our real feelings or deal with the actual problem. 

He started walking back but I heard everyone yelling at him to turn around.

"Okay you know what? I'm sorry okay? Is that what you want me to say or do you want me to bring in a marching band here?" He let out. a marching band would be ideal.

"Why are you being so mean?" I cried

"I'm mean? you got to be kidding me, the only person that needs to be nice is you" he spits

"How do I need to be nice? I was nice until you started dissing me" I get up from my seat, and yet the height difference hadn't changed.

"You were the one who left me in the beginning!" He wails his arms around.

"I know, and I'm sorry I can't take it back now!" Why is everyone just throwing it in my face? I know I fucked up, but I can't change it now.

We both just stood there in silence, after a moment or so he sat down on the swing beside me.

"remember the one day we were at the park, and his kid stomped on an ant that was carrying like a tiny piece of bread and you started crying?" He speaks out of the blue.

My mind races back to when we were about  7 year old and our parents brought us to the park, I was just laying in the grass staring at an ant hill watching the tiny creatures run in and out of the holes. Not once crashing into each other bringing in whatever they could find.

Down the side walk was this tiny ant holding a grain of bread struggling to carry it, just as I was about to help carry it on the hill some kid came over and stumped on its poor body. Feeling so bad for the poor lifeless creature I began crying so hard. My mom rushed towards me thinking I was hurt.

I ran off to the swings balling my eyes out when I felt tiny hands pushing on my back. I turned slightly to see Harry pushing me on the swings. The thrill of the fast paced ride made me forget about the ant and start laughing as Harry wouldn't stop pushing me higher.

I let out a laugh and so did Harry. "Omg yea I remember, fatbread killed betty" I reminisced. I had named the slightly chubby kid fatbread and the poor little ant betty.

"You were crying over a small ant!" Harry spoke with wide eyes.

"He was trying to help his friends but then his whole life was taken away" I tried to reason.

"I had to push you on swings to make you feel better. How life was so much simpler back then" Harry started swinging on the swings himself.

"You know I didn't purposely leave you right?" I looked at him. He abruptly stopped swinging.