Ep.8: Irrational Treasure

Your POV

I was awoken by Mabel telling Dipper and me to get dressed. Apparently we were going into town for some reason. As I went into Stan's car, I felt as if I was forgetting something, but I couldn't remember no matter how hard I tried so I just shrugged it off. When we reached town...

Stan: *honks the car's horn*

Mabel: *takes two nachos from the snack bag and places them on her ears as earring* Haha, nacho earring! I'm hilarious!!!

You: Teach me your trick...!!!

You and Mabel: *laugh*

Stan: Ah, c'mon, what's with all this traffic?!? And why is it all-?!? Covered wagons?!?

That's when I noticed what I was forgetting.

You: Uh oh.

Stan: Oh no, no, no!!!!! *turns the car and tries to drive away* Not today, not today!!!! *stops the car as some women dressed in strange clothing walked by, then puts the car in reverse and drives back* (y/n) why didn't you tell me?!?

You: I forgot!!!! I knew there was something today!!!

Dipper: Guys, what's going on?!?

Stan: We gotta get out of here before it's too late!!! *stops the car and tries to go forward but stops again* They've circled the wagons, we're trapped!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!

Mabel: *looks out the window and sees a cow* I've got a good feeling about today.

You, Dipper, Mabel, and Stan: *get out of the car*

Dipper: Man, look at the town!

You: I can't believe I forgot it was Pioneer Day.

Mabel: Pio-what Day?

Stan: Pioneer Day! Every year these yahoos dress up like idiots to celebrate the day Gravity Falls was founded.

Toby: Welcome to 1863!

Stan: I will break you little man!!!

Toby: *runs away while crashing into a barrel, then continues to run*

Mabel: Wow, look!!! Candle dipping!!!

Dipper: Gold panning!!!

Man 1: I now pronounce you man and wife.

Woodpecker: *pecks on man 2's hand*

Man 2: I do!

Mabel: What you talking about?!?

Dipper: Oh yeah, I remember this. *takes out his journal and searches for a page* In Gravity Falls it used to be legal to marry woodpeckers.

Man 2: Oh it's still legal. Very legal.

Announcer: Come one and all to the opening ceremony!!!

Mabel: Grunkle Stan, you coming?!?

Stan: No thank you! Just remember: if you come back to the shack talking like these people you're dead to me.

Dipper: There's a carpetbagger in the turnip cellar!

Mabel: Well, hornswoggle my haversack!

Dipper and Mabel: *spit on the floor*

Mabel: *grabs your wrist and pulls you with her followed by Dipper*

Stan: Dead to me!!!

I didn't want to go, not if you knew who was hosting this event. We went into the crowd and stand in the middle.