Ep.5: Soos and The Real Girl

Your POV

The day had been like any other. The gift shop had just closed and I was behind the counter writing on my journal with Wendy next to me doing Wendy things. That's when Mabel came in skipping through while singing.

Mabel: La la la la la- AH!!! *crashes into the wall getting her bracers stuck to the door* AHHHHH!!! Bracers!!!! Bracers caught in the screen door!!!! Someone dictate my will!!!! I'm giving it all to Waddles!!!!!!

Soos: Say "ah", girl dude.

Mabel: Ahhh!!!

Soos: *untangles Mabel's bracers with a screwdriver*

Mabel: Soos, you saved me!!!

Soos: *chuckles* Just doing my job, hambone. I'll see you dudes tomorrow.

Dipper and Mabel: Bye, Soos!!!

You: Later, Soos!

Wendy: Night, Soos.

Stan: Night, Soos.

Soos: *leaves* To-do do do do, walking to my car.

Mabel: You ever wonder what Soos does when he's not here at the Mystery Shack?

Dipper: No.

You: Nope.

Wendy: Not really.

Stan: Not even once.

You know, even though I hadn't really thought about it before, Mabel's question did make me think: What does Soos do when he's not here? Anyways, the rest of the day we just stayed home and watched tv. The next day, I was working on cash register duty as usual. There was a young kid, he looked about seven to eight years old. He was flipping a nickel around in his hand. Of course Stan.

Kid: *walks around flipping the nickel*

Stan: *pops from behind a cloaked figure* Hello!!!

Kid: AHH!!!

Stan: Please, don't let my horrible elderly face frighten you! Don't you want to use that nickel to get a nugget from ol' Goldie?!?

He takes off the cloak revealing Goldie, a statue of some man who gave you golden nuggets if you paid it change. Stan has had that for years, and it's pretty jacked up even if he doesn't want to admit it. It has always freaked me out, but after what happened today, I think I've developed a new phobia for that thing.

Stan put the kid's nickel inside Goldie's mouth making it raise its hand and hat. Both of its eyes popped out (literally) and oil started to come out of its mouth as it let out a bloodcurdling scream. It was horrifying!!! The kid ended up running away crying.

You: Uh... Stan, I'm not just saying this because this thing just caused me to gain a new phobia, but I really think it's time to throw that thing out.

Stan: What?!? Sure, he's a little rusty around the edges, but old Goldie's a classic showstopper like me!!! *goes to rest his hand on the table Goldie was in, but his hand sleeps making Goldie bite Stan as he desperately hits it against the table* KILL IT, KILL IT!!!

You: ...that thing's leaving this place for good.

That's when I see Soos in the corner of my eye. He was minding his own business when he sees a woman standing nearby. I wasn't that near, but I could still hear what he said.

Soos: *gasp* A woman! *hides behind the rack of clothes*

Dipper: Hey, (y/n). What are you looking at?