Chapter 6

I know that there isn't a whole lot of people reading but THANK YOU SO MUCH to those who are! You have no idea how much it means to me! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I love you guys!♥

xx

____________________________________________________________________

Sarah's POV

I woke up and saw Rian sleeping next to me, Jack and Zack sleeping at the end of the bed.

I yawned and stretched out before getting out of bed. We were going to Buffalo today, also one of my favorite cities.

I packed up everything and went into the bathroom to change. I got out my gray skinny jeans, my Forever the Sickest Kids blue tee shirt, and my gray hightop Nikes.

I went to put my stuff on the bus since it was super early and no one else would be up. I got on the bus and walked to the back.

I set my stuff down and texted Rian that I was on the bus so that he wouldn't freak out when he woke up.

I looked down at my phone to see a text from Johnathan Cook. He was such a sweet guy.

"Hey Sar, me, Trav, Austin, Caleb and Hunter are going to play paintball and we thought you could use the getaway, wanna come?"

I smiled. That's exactly what I needed. To escape this all. But what if Rian and the guys got mad? I didn't care, I wanted to have fun. I texted Rian again to make sure he knew I'd be gone. I didn't say where, just that I was going out with the boys.

I then texted Johnathan back. "What time should I be ready? (:"

_______________________________

We finally made it to the paintball place and were getting our gear on when I got a text from Rian. "You're not playing paintball-you're gonna get hurt!" it said. I rolled my eyes and responded, "I'll be fine! Promise! The guys are looking out for me, don't worry!"

He finally texted back saying that it was alright and to have fun. Then I got a text from Alex. "Be safe sweets." it read. I could have screamed. I just held back the tears ignoring the message.

"Who was that?" Austin asked. I smiled, "Just Rian, being a paranoid older brother," I laughed.

"So whose teams are who?" I asked. It ended up being me, Travis and Johnathan vs Hunter, Austin and Caleb.

After what seemed like forever of explaining rules and shooting, we were ready. I ran with Travis and Johnathan and we hid behind a big wall.

I felt something pinch me so I lifted up my shirt revealing my bruised body. "Sarah, are you okay?" Johnathan asked me.

I winced but nodded, "I'm fine," I said. "I wish I'd kicked that guys ass, you don't deserve that Sar," Travis said gently hugging me.

I held back tears, "It's okay Trav, it's over now. I'm okay," I said. Johnathan sensed the tension so he began the game.

"Okay, this is the meeting spot in case we need backup," Johnathan said. We nodded and split up. Before we did they gave me a small hug asking to be careful. I laughed, they were probably afraid of Rian's older brother rath.

We split up once again and I ran toward a tree. I ducked behind it. When I saw the red shirt of Austin, I shot at him quickly nailing his shoulder.

"Ow!" he cried, looking in the direction I was. I quickly ducked behind another bush and shot again twice, hitting his chest and leg. I chuckled lightly and ran away before he could catch me. I saw Kyle and Hunter together talking and trying t figure out where to go next. I shot five times, I missed two, but two hit Kyle in the back and one hit Hunter in the arm.

"What the fuck?!" Kyle screamed, I laughed. "There she is!" Hunter screamed. "Oh shit," I said running.

"Not fair! Two against one!" I cried running from them. "Life isn't fair!" Hunter said.

Don't I know it, I thought. I heard shots. One hit the back of my leg, and two hit my arm. "FUCK THAT HURTS," I screamed. They laughed still chasing me.

I managed to dive out of their sight and back to the wall where we said we'd meet. I found Travis there ducking. "I need help! Hunter and Kyle are on my tail!" I said. He nodded.

"Okay, I can hear them now. When I say go, run and shoot," he said. I nodded and waited.

They got closer, "Go!" Travis said. We rapidly started shooting paintballs at them. They were too shocked to shoot back, when they finally did we ducked back down.

"Dammit! We were ambushed" Hunter said. I stood up taking one last shot. "Yes you were!" I said. I heard some more voices, Johnathan and Austin.

"Oomph!" I heard Kyle scream. He grabbed his...area and my eyes widened. "Uh...did I shoot that?" I asked Travis who was crying laughing. "Yeah! Dude!" he said high fiving me.

"I'm so sorry Kyle!" I said. Everyone was laughing and Johnathan also fist bumped me.

"Dude! You just got killed by a girl!" Johnathan laughed. Kyle just winced some more.

"Fuck this game," he finally said after a long silence. I busted out laughing along with everyone else this time. I needed this day, it was a fun distraction. But now I had to go back and face my problem. As much as I hated it. 

                                                                                    ~~~~~~

We all got back to the hotel and I walked onto the All Time Low bus with Travis and Jonathan. I walked up the steps and tripped on the last one. I hit my hip on the side counter right on one of my bruises from Will.

"Fuck! Ow," I said. Right away Alex and Rian came out from the back room.

"See? You guys should have never taken her! She's all hurt again. I can't believe I let you guys take her. She was already bruised up," Alex said pulling up my shirt to reveal the bruises.

I pulled my shirt down and glared at Alex. "Actually, those bruises are from Will, you'd known if you stayed last night instead of going with Liz. I had a great time. And I'm glad I went, these guys made me feel better about it more than anyone has even tried," I said walking away and going up to my bunk, facing the wall.

Rian came over and opened the curtain a little bit. "Sarah..?" he asked.

A tear streamed down my face as I spoke, "Let's just go to Buffalo," I sighed not moving.

I grabbed my earphones and plugged in my iPod turning on Mayday Parade's new album. I let the lyrics take over me.

"I try to sleep but my eyes are open, I can't think 'cause my heart is broken..."