Chapter 11

---------------Charlie's P.O.V---------------
I wish I could explain to Maddie what just happened. The reason I was with Annabeth was because I was asking her what she'd said about Erika and Jordan. The reason I was laughing was because she fell over. And the reason she had her hands round my neck was because I was helping her up. But she wouldn't believe me. So there would be no point in trying.

I love Maddie. She's not just my girlfriend. She's my best friend.

I walked into school the next day. June 17th. 2 days before Maddie and Erika's birthday. And I didn't want this to ruin anything for either of them. I started walking to the food hall where I saw Erika standing alone.

"Erika?" I said walking up to her. She looked up from her phone and rolled her eyes

"What do you want Lenehan?" She replied in an angry tone

"I just wanted to explain what happened" I replied.

"Don't explain it to me. Explain it to my sister. But good luck. She's not in today" she snapped before grabbing her bag and storming out. There was no way I could sneak out now. I'd get caught. But even if I got excluded. Maddie was worth it. There would be no way I'm losing this girl.

Not if it's the last thing I do for Maddie.