Chapter 1

Percy pulled her mask down over her eyes and smirked as she jumped out of her apartment window

Percy pulled her mask down over her eyes and smirked as she jumped out of her apartment window. She scaled the fire escape and stopped on the roof of the building. Using her recently discovered ability to sense people and things through the water molecules in the air, she scanned the city for any sign of crime.

Her focus stopped on three men in a back alley, cornering a girl that appeared to be around eighteen. She focused on the location and vapour traveled - another new ability - landed directly in front of the girl, her sword in hand and an evil grin, adorning her features.

"Hello, boys," she said, smirking at the obvious fear in their eyes. "Up for a little fun?"

Then, as one of them - a large, smelly guy, with a pudgy face - pulled out a gun and aimed it at her, she attacked. Swinging riptide through the air, she inwardly thanked the gods that Tyson had added mortal metals to it when it slashed a long line along his chest.

Quickly dodging the bullets that came towards her, she knocked out all three of the men and then turned to the girl who was curled up on the ground. She sheathed Riptide and crouched down next to her.

"Hey," She said quietly. "Are you ok? Did they hurt you?"

The girl looked up at her, relief clear in her eyes. "No," she said softly. Her voice was quiet and dreamy. She had long black hair, tied in a ponytail, and piercing blue eyes. "I'm ok."

"What's your name?" Percy asked, helping her to her feet.

"Mary," said the girl, adjusting the strap of her bag on her shoulder. "Thank you. They've been following me since I left the gymnasium."

"Are you a gymnast?" asked Percy, noticing the leotard she was wearing.

"Yeah," said Mary, smiling abashedly. "I'm on the Bludhaven team."

"That's great!" said Percy. "You must be really good."

Mary blushed and looked down at her watch. "I should get home. Thank you again."

"No problem," Percy smiled. "I hope I don't see you again."

Mary smiled. "Me too. Goodbye."

Percy smiled as she walked out of the alleyway and disappeared from sight. Then she looked up at the roof.

"I know your there!"

A dark figure dropped down from the roof and straightened up with a glare. "Who are you?"

"What's the point of a mask if I tell you who I am?" Percy asked, gesturing to the ocean blue domino mask that covered her eyes. She was wearing a pair of black leggings, with a short, black, skater skirt over the top, black combat boots were on her feet and a ocean blue t-shirt was covered by a black leather jacket. She had her hair loose around her shoulders and sword sheath was fastened to her belt. A silver tiara with an ocean blue diamond adorned her head. "Honestly Dickie, you kept your identity a secret for years!"

Nightwing, more commonly known as Dick Grayson, growled and pushed her up against the wall. "Who are you?"

Percy grinned. "Kymopoleia." She vapour travelled behind him and quickly handcuffed him to the fire escape. Then she left the alleyway, stopping once to look back and say, "Oh. Tell Kaldur'ahm I said hi."

Nighwing stared after her, tugging on the cuffs, trying to get free, and wondering how she knew him. And what she wanted.