Bonus #2

"Thank you, M'gann," said Kaldur, biting into his cookie

The team were sitting in the kitchen, finishing their lunch, happy to have a day off from training or missions.

"Someone's here," said Conner, standing up abruptly. "The training room."

The team were alert immediately, grabbing weapons and running into the large hall. In the middle of the floor, a girl with black hair, wearing an orange t-shirt and jeans, lay in a steadily growing pool of blood.

"Percy!" Kaldur sprinted towards her, dropping to his knees, and turning her so that he could find the source of the blood. A bullet was lodged in her back.

"M'gann can you lift her without making it any worse?" asked Robin, taking charge, when he saw that their leader was in no condition to do so.

M'gann shook her head. "It would be better for her to be physically carried, we could stem the blood flow, easier."

Kaldur carefully lifted Percy into his arms, gulping.

"Wally, call ahead, to let the League know we're coming with medical staff needed."

Wally nodded and sped off.

Robin lead the team to the Zeta Tubes, Artemis inputting the codes for the watchtower.

B02 Aqualad

Guest

B01 Robin

B03 Kid Flash

B04 Superboy

B05 Miss Martian

B07 Artemis

"What's wrong?" said Flash, speeding towards them. Then he saw Percy in Kaldur's arms. "I'll take her." He grabbed Percy out of Kladur's arms and ran off.

Kaldur stared after him, absently. "I have to - I have to find Aquaman." He was about to wander off when some members of the League came in: Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman And Aquaman.

"Team?" said Batman. "What are you doing here?"

Kaldur stared around himself, wringing his hands. "How did this happen?" he whispered to himself. "Why was she there?"

"Kaldur'ahm?" Aquaman said, slightly worried.

Kaldur looked over to him, eyes wide with fear. "She appeared in the mountain. I - i don't - oh Poseidon, i should have taken her to Atlantis."

Aquaman's face went white and sprinted, out of the room and down to the Med Lab. Kaldur seemed to snap out of his funk and quickly ran after him.

The others looked at each other, confused, then followed the duo.

Aquaman stared through the window at the medical team rushing to save his sister.

•••

The door opened and the head surgeon came out.

Orin stood up. "What news?"

"The patient -"

"Percy." The surgeon was interrupted by Kaldur. "Her name is Percy."

"Percy experienced a gunshot wound to her back. The bullet went very deep and actually hit the spine. We were able to remove the bullet, but she lost too much blood. She's dead."

Orin turned around, slamming his fist into the wall and falling to the ground sobbing.

Kaldur stared blankly at the wall, silent tears falling down his face.

"I have to tell Father," said Orin, standing up, trying to stop crying. He left quickly, stifling more sobs.

•••

The door to the med lab opened again and the Young Justice Team came inside.

"Kaldur?" said M'gann, softly.

Kaldur looked up at them, eyes glazed with tears. "She's dead."

The team looked through the window at Percy's body.

"How did you know her?" asked Wally, barely moving for once.

Kaldur shook his head, looking down at the ground again. He had a small blue box in his hand. "We had a date tonight," he breathed. He flicked the box open. Inside was a silver ring with a blue diamond in the middle.

The team gasped.

M'gann dropped to her knees beside him, pulling him into a hug. For a moment, he didn't respond, then he wrapped his arms around, buried his face into her shoulder and howled.

The team sat down in the corridor, silently supporting their team leader, who had just lost his best friend and the love of his life.