Chapter 9

Percy carried one platter of cookies and M'gann carried another

"Hey guys," said Wally, looking up from his phone. "Something smells good."

Percy skipped over to him and held out the platter. "Cookie?"

Wally's eyes lit up and reached out to take a couple.

Percy pulled her hand back and glared at him. "One."

Wally gulped and took one. Looking at it he asked, "Why are they blue?"

"Because blue food is the best kind of food," said Kaldur, coming up behind Percy, his hand brushing against hers. "Your mom's recipe?"

Percy grinned and nodded. "Right down to the chocolate chips."

Kaldur smiled and grabbed one, biting into it immediately.

Percy smiled in satisfaction when he hummed happily and bounced off to give out some more cookies.

She found Batman, Nightwing, Diana, Clark, Flash and Orin in the mission room.

"Hi," she said, bounding up to them. "Cookie?"

"Your mother's recipe?" asked Orin, eagerly.

Percy nodded and Orin quickly took one, Diana copying him, smiling as she bit into the gooey blue dough.

"Why are they blue?" asked Clark, taking one from the tray.

"It was a thing me and my mom did," said Percy, smiling. "My step-dad Gabe said there was no such thing as blue food so my mom made a point to make blue food as often as she could."

Clark smiled softly and took a bite out of his cookie, smiling in satisfaction.

Flash sped forward and tried to take a handful of cookies. Percy grabbed his hand before he was able to do so. She glared at him. "One. I've already told Wally."

Barry gulped and nodded, carefully picking out one cookie.

Percy smiled, then turned to the two bats. "Cookie?"

Batman shook is head. Nightwing said, "No thanks."

Percy's expression darkened. "Take a cookie."

"Take a cookie, Batman," said Orin. "Otherwise she will not leave you alone."

Batman stared at Orin. Orin did Not back down and Batman sighed. "Fine."

He reached out and took a cookie, Nightwing copying him. Neither of them took a bite.

"Aren't you going to try them?" asked Percy sweetly.

The two bats looked at the others, then sighed, and took a bite out of their delicacies. Nightwing's eyes widened.

"Oh, my god," he muttered. "These are better than Agent A's cookies." He turned on Batman. "Don't ever tell him I said that."

Batman's lip twitched. "Not bad."

Percy grinned and then skipped away, back into the main room.