Chapter 3

"Team, report to the mission room," said Nightwing's voice through the PA system

The team entered the mission room to see Nightwing looking at a picture of a girl with long black hair and and a blue domino mask.

"What's up, 'Wing?" said Wally, looking at his best friend. "Who's the chick?"

"This is a new vigilante in Blüdhaven," said Dick, gesturing to the picture. "She calls herself Kymopoleia."

"Kymopoleia?" said Bart, excitedly. "We have a mission related to Kymopoleia? That is so crash!"

"You know of her then?" asked Nightwing, looking at the young time traveller.

"Yeah!" said Bart, excitedly. "She's a legend! Like everyone knows about her!"

"Legend?" questions Kaldur, concerned. "Legends are usually dead."

Barr's grin faded slightly when he looked at Kaldur. "Yeah, she dies but certainly not in vain, and it was when she was like sixty. She's the one who finally takes down the Joker for good. No mercy, what so ever. For good reason."

"She kills him?" asks M'gann.

"No!" said Bart quickly, when he sees the look on the Martian's face. "She put him in this inescapable prison, like meta-human proof, human proof. It was literally a concrete box buried fifty feet below the bottom of the ocean. Apparently, Atlanteans were charged with guarding him and feeding him but he died of starvation a few months after he was imprisoned. He refused to eat."

"How was she merciless for good reason?" asked Artemis, confused.

Bart glanced over at Kaldur with a sad frown. "The Joker killed her husband. Putting him away was the last mission she ever did."

"Well, anyway," said Nightwing, bringing their attention back to him. "I have information that she knows the identities of everyone in the Justice League and the team. We need to bring her in and find out how she knows and who she has told."

Kaldur chuckled.

"What?" asked Connor. "What's so funny?"

"She could defeat all of you put together in a matter of minutes," Kaldur laughed.

Artemis snorted. "All of us?"

Kaldur nodded. "All of you."

"I highly doubt that," said La'gann, cockily.

Kaldur glared at him slightly, then said something in atlantean.

La'gann paled. "Nevermind. He's right."

"Your mission is only to talk to her," said Nightwing, firmly. "Get her to come here to the mountain. Only if you have to do you engage in combat. Oh, and try to avoid getting handcuffed to anything."

"Handcuffed?" questioned Garfield.

Nightwing held up his wrist where a set of bronze handcuffs were dangling there. "I've had these on my wrist for three days," he deadpanned. "I can't pick the lock and they won't break either. So yes. Avoid the handcuffs."

The team nodded and left the room.

Dick sighed, rubbing his face tiredly. "They are so going to die."