Chapter 16

"I want recognition," Kymopoleia snarled

"I want recognition," Kymopoleia snarled. "You and the Jupiter boy said that you would ensure that myself and the other gods would be recognized and yet-"

"That's seriously what your angry about?" Percy cried angrily. "We built you a cabin! There is a shrine in Camp Jupiter! Hades, my hero identity is you!"

"And yet I'm still not recognized for my actions!" Kymopoleia screamed. The wind began to pick up again, reacting to the sisters heightened emotions.

Kaldur looked over to the sisters when he felt change in atmosphere. Noticing their angry expressions he ran over to them and took Percy's hand in his own. The rest of the heroes stopped to watch.

Percy took a deep breath, calming herself and squeezing Kaldur's hand with her own. "Ok. Kym," she said calmly. "Jason and I kept our promise. You have a cabin and shrine and a hero named after you. If you want anything else I'm afraid you will probably have to take it up with the Olympians."

Kymopoleia sniffed, eyeing Percy and Kaldur's entwined hands. "I see your still courting the Atlantean boy."

Percy flushed dark red and grinned sheepishly. "What about you?" she asked, turning the tables and looking at the baby girl, who had slept through the entire situation. "Who's this?"

Kymopoleia smiled softly and looked down. "My daughter," she said. "She was born two months ago."

Percy grinned. "And when were you going to tell me? Or Orin? Or Dad?"

"How do you know that I haven't told father?" Kymopoleia said, teasingly. "Or Orin? You don't know."

"If you'd told either one of them," said Percy, raising an eyebrow. "They would have told me. So.."

The team had evacuated the civilians and the injured League members (however few there were) and were waiting at a distance. (That just so happened to mean that only Superboy was able to hear the conversation if he used his super hearing, which was exactly what he was doing). Most of the League members had left but Batman, Superman, Flash, Green Arrow and Aquaman had stayed behind. When he was sure that the two girls were not about to kill each other, Orin walked over to where they stood.

"Kymopoleia," he said, smiling at his sister. "It is good to see you. Although I must ask what you are doing here."

"She's angry because she thinks that she doesn't get enough recognition," said Percy stiffly. "But we've sorted that out. And now I'm telling her off for not telling us that she has a daughter."

Orin chuckled. "Of course, you would be angry about that," he said. "Despite the fact that you have hundreds of cousins and nephews and nephews and siblings."

"But Orin!" Percy was beginning to jump about, letting go of Kaldur's hand as she did so, and then suddenly felt really tired. "Oh, dear. That was not a good idea." She grabbed Kaldur's arm and swayed on the stop.

"She's is exhausted," said Kymopoleia, smiling at her oblivious sister. "She took control of my storm which probably took a lot out of her. You should get her home. Make sure she gets some rest. I am sorry for the destruction I have caused here, today. I will make sure it does not happen again. Goodbye Orin. Kaldur." With flash of light, Kymopoleia disappeared, taking the horrible weather and her daughter with her.

Kaldur gently scooped Percy into his arms as she fell into him, her eyes closed and breathing slow.

Orin chuckled and led him over to where the rest of the heroes stood.

"What's wrong with her?" asked M'gann, floating over to them.

"Nothing," said Kaldur, smiling. "She's just tired. We should get back to the mountain."

Nightwing nodded and led the team onto the bioship. The League left in their own form of transportation.

"Kaldur," Orin called.

Kaldur looked back over his shoulder, being careful not to drop Percy's sleeping form.

"Make sure she sleeps," Orin said, slightly worried. "Actually sleeps."

Kaldur nodded, his lips a thin line, his eyes shining with worry. "I will, My King."

Orin nodded once more then disappeared beneath the waves.