Bonus #1

Kaldur grinned in victory as he managed to fell Artemis

"Well done Kaldur," said Dinah, smiling proudly at the young Atlantean. "You are getting better."

Aquaman 06

Kaldur looked towards the zeta tubes when he heard his mentor's announcement. The older Atlantean's eyes were red and he looked as though he had aged ten years.

"My king," said Kaldur, walking towards him. "Is something wrong?"

Orin looked at his protégé. "Kaldur'ahm. Camp Half-Blood was attacked."

Kaldur frowned, worried. "Is everyone ok?"

Orin gulped and looked down at something in his hands, tears spilling over his cheeks. It was a plain ballpoint pen.

Kaldur's looked at the pen, an expression of horror covering his face. "No."

Orin looked at his protégé, swallowing a lump in his throat. A sad nod was his only motion.

"No!" Kaldur cried, dropping to his knees. Tears were streaming down his cheeks and his hands were shaking. "No!"

M'gann was crying softly, feeling the pure despair and horror that her teammate was experiencing.

"It was a Drakon," said Orin. "She was the only casualty."

A sob ripped through the room as Kaldur hunched over, pressing his head to the ground. He murmured words in Atlantean, pain lacing his voice.

The Young Justice team, watched in confusion and sorrow as their leader broke apart in front of them.

"The funeral is tomorrow," Orin breathed. "You will be there I expect."

Kaldur muttered an affirmative.

Orin walked forward, placing the pen in the younger man's hands. "My sister truly did love you, Kaldur'ahm," he said quietly. "Don't forget that."

Kaldur clenched the pen in his hands, sobbing harder than ever and Orin looked sadly down at him. Then he left. Leaving the younger man to grieve for the woman he loved.