Chapter 14

Percy grinned into the kiss, running her hands up Kaldur's chest, letting them rest on his shoulders

Percy grinned into the kiss, running her hands up Kaldur's chest, letting them rest on his shoulders. He pulled away momentarily to take his shirt off, immediately capturing her lips with his own, smirking when he saw her eye his body appreciatively.

"Kal," she murmured. He slowly began to move farther down, kissing her jaw and her neck and her collarbone. She tilted her head back, sighing happily.

Then the door banged open and Wally came flying in.

"Woah!"

He skidded to a halt, eyes wide, mouth hanging open.

Kaldur sighed, letting his head drop to rest against Percy's shoulder. The latter was glaring at the ceiling, muttering obscenities.

"What the hell?"

Kaldur stood up and pulled his shirt back on. "What do you want, Wally?"

"Uh. We've got a mission," he stuttered, seeming to remember why he had bathed in on them in the first place. "The league need back up with some kind of riot on the waterfront."

"We'll be right there," sighed Percy sitting up properly. "And if you tell anyone I will kill you."

Wally gulped, nodded and sped out.

Percy stood up, pulling her shoes on and fixing her hair. Kaldur grabbed his waterbarers and they both made their way to the mission room.

Nightwing was talking to an image of Batman on the screen, the rest of the league fighting in the background.

"They seem to be Atlantean," said Batman. They watched him duck as a spear was thrown over his head. He came back into the picture. "Aquaman has tried to calm them down but nothing's working. They're leader keeps asking for an audience with the princess of the sea. She seems to be holding a child."

Kaldur looked over at Percy. Her jaw had set and she was glaring ahead.

"We'll be right there," said Nightwing. He hung up the call and turned to the team. "We will split up into three groups. Aqualad, Artemis, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and myself will try to take down the leader. Batgirl, Lagoon Boy, Bumblebee, Impulse and Blue Beetle will help the league with Atlanteans. Guardian, Red Robin, Wondergirl, Beast Boy and Kymopoleia are crowd control."

"No," said Percy.

"I'm sorry?" The team stared at Percy.

"You will not be doing any of that. You will all take either one weapon or no weapon. Kaldur and I will go to talk to the leader and the rest of you will get both the league and the people out of there. If anyone does anything else I will set Mrs O'Leary on you."

"Mrs O'Leary?" muttered Jaime, his eyebrows furrowed.

"We'll do as you say!" said Bart, hurriedly, a panicked look on his face.

"Bart!" cried Wally. "What the hell are you-"

"Mrs O'Leary is mentioned in the legends about Kymopoleia," Bart explained, looking at the team. "We do not want to be on the receiving end of her."

"Fine!" cried out Nightwing, frustratedly.  "We'll follow Percy's plan."

The team nodded and everyone made their way to the hangar where they boarded the bioship and were off.