Chapter 8

Kaldur and Percy went into the kitchen to see M'gann pulling a tray of cookies out of the oven

"Cookies!" she cried running forward and grabbing one.

"Careful!" cried M'gann. "They're hot!"

Percy shrugged and bit into hers. Flavour exploded in her mouth and she smiled. "These are really good!"

"Thanks," said M'gann. "They're chocolate chip but I tried something different and added fish oil instead of olive oil."

Percy froze. "Fish oil?"

M'gann nodded.

"Eurgh!" Percy screamed. She ran to the bin, spit out her mouthful of cookie and then went to the sink to gulp down a glass of water.

"Is there something wrong?" asked M'gann.

"I don't eat fish," said Percy, putting her glass into the sink to be washed.

"Oh, I'm sorry," said M'gann. "I didn't know."

"Don't worry about it," said Percy waving her hand in dismissal. "Could we make some more? I can teach you the recipe that I use."

"Of course!" smiled M'gann.

"Great!" grinned Percy. She looked over at Kaldur who was leaning against the doorframe, smiling. "Do you want to help, Kal?"

"Oh, no!" said Kaldur, grinning. "The last time I made cookies with you, the flour ended up covering the entire kitchen."

"It's not my fault!" Percy cried. "You scared me!"

"Just make your cookies θεά," Kaldur smiled. "I must go talk to Aquaman."

"M'kay," said Percy, pulling out eggs and milk. "Bye."

For the next few hours, M'gann and Percy bonded over their love of cookies, as they made a mess with the flour. By the time the cookies were finished, both of them were laughing, with white hair.

"Oh, my gods," Percy gasped. "Hang on, hold still." She held her hands out towards the sink and a thin stream of water floated out of the tap and over to where M'gann stood.

M'gann shivered as the cold liquid touched her skin and then pulled away again, now a dirty white colour.

"There," smiled Percy. "No more flour."

"Thank you," said M'gann, slightly surprised. "You can control water?"

"Any liquid really," said Percy, pulling the cookies out of the oven. "Water is just the easiest. I can also cause earthquakes, storms, talk to horses and fish. That's why I don't eat fish."

"That's cool," said M'gann.

"Yeah, not always," said Percy sadly. "When I say any liquid that includes thinks like poison and blood."

"Blood?" asked M'gann, faintly.

Percy grimaced and nodded. "I didn't know that I could do it until last year. There was this woman who was trying to poison me and my best friend. I got angry and I lost control, nearly killed her. I never use that ability, though. It's too invasive."

M'gann stared at her in horror.

"Anyway," said Percy, smiling quickly. "Shall we go give the others some cookies?"