Chapter 2

Nightwing B01

Nightwing B01

Dick trudged into Mount. Justice tiredly, the cuffs still attached to his arm.

"Hey," said Wally, looking up from his place on the sofa. "What's wrong? You look like crap? And why is there a set of handcuffs on your wrist?"

"Is Kaldur here?" Dick asked, wearily.

"Yeah," said Wally, frowning. "He's in the loading bay. Said something about practising."

"Thanks."

Dick hurried to the loading bay and saw Kaldur making the water float and make shapes.

"Kaldur!" he called.

The atlantean turned around and looked at him questioningly. "Dick. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Dick sighed, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "Do you know a girl called Kymopoleia? Dark hair, kind of average height?"

"I know of a girl called Kymopoleia," said Kaldur, frowning. "But she stays in the ocean usually. Why?"

"There's a possible new hero in Bludhaven," Dick said. "She took out three guys easily and managed to handcuff me to a fire escape. I still can't get these damned things off." He Held his arm up to show off the cuffs, swinging from his wrist.

Kaldur took a step forward and pulled his hand towards him to examine the cuffs. Looking down at them, he smirked, which surprised Dick. "And you won't be able to get them off. That metal is very rare, much more common in Atlantis. It is very difficult to damage and can only be opened with the key."

"You can't get them off?" Dick whined.

Kaldur grinned, going back to the edge of the water. "What did this girl say? You seem very nervous of her."

Dick looked down at the water as well, then looked up at his friend. "She knew my name."

Kaldur frowned. "How would she know your name?"

"I've no idea," said Dick. "But she knew you too. She told me, and I quote, 'tell Kaldur'ahm I said hi'."

A look of dawning understanding appeared on Kaldur's face. "What did she look like?"

"Uh," Dick thought for a minute. "Long dark hair, maybe a little more than five foot. And she seemed to love the colour blue."

Kaldur chuckled. "You do not have to worry, my friend. She will not tell anyone your identity. Nor is she an enemy."

Dick's eyes narrowed. "How do you know?"

"Because, she is friend," said Kaldur, going back to his water-bending. "I will assume that Aquaman told her your identity, because it certainly was not me."

"How does Aquaman know her?" asked Dick, suspiciously.

Kaldur smirked. "She is his sister."