Chapter 2

Shivaay's POV

I was flustered to the core. I knew that when Annika would be nervous, she used to ask meaningless questions. But that time, she never used to be serious as this time she was.

It took some time for me to react. Oh! How do you expect me to react! I replayed her last sentence in my mind. Her sentence ragged me. But I took a deep breath because if I'll also react like her and let her know about my nervousness then its 100% sure that she can give him an idea of running away together. I chuckled internally.
Holding her hand in mine I assured her.

Shiv : Annika I am damn sure about this.

I announced, with sharp voice, so that it could clearly be registered in her mind.

Annika was about to say something but I stopped her cause I had no idea what would she say next and continued.

Shiv : Emotional wreck and everything is okay but you shouldn't blame yourself for her death. And has some misunderstandings related to this. You know it. Remembered I promised you three years before that we will start solving this case once we are successful and married.

I always had a feeling that this case was more than what could be seen. But I never highlighted my suspicions in front of anyone. Annika was happy hearing my mini speech and immediately hugged me more tightly.

Anni : Thanks...for being with me.

She mumbled under her breathe, bringing a smile on my lips.

Shiv : Waise agar tum yeah shaadi cancel karti toh tum khooni ban jaati.

Anni : Woh kaise?

She knitted her eyebrows. She knew that this time I was trying to ligthen her mood. So she played along.

Shiv : Tum mere feelings ka khoon jo kar deti.

I answered in a dramatic way stabbing an invisible knife in my heart.
Annika chuckled at this.

Anni : Come on, no more teasing. Let's go to the mandap.

She said. That's when I parted from her and took a clear look hers. She was looking beautiful. That red lehenga, the bangles in her hands, jumkas in her ears, shine her hazel brown orbs, a small smile on her pink lips, blush on her cheeks, everything about her fascinated me.

Annika, instead, got lost in my bluish green eyes and smilef. I had prepared a surprise gift for her today, only to see that big smile on her lips which comes after she sees them.

Shiv : Yes yes my Darling. As you are so desperate to marry me.

Snapping back to the reality, I joked.

Anni : So you aren't desperate?

She retorted back.

Shiv : Nope! 

I shrugged completely lying.

Anni : So let's do one thing we'll stay here only. Muhurat ko jane do. We'll marry any other time. Waise bhi aap kaha bhaage ja rahe hai!

She suggested, making my eyes go wide. Last time also I was too much nervous for our engagement God knows why and she just postponed our engagement. My brothers laughed so much that day because her action had made me a topic of laughter. Never to say but she could do it.

Shiv : Why are you taking it seriously I was just joking. Come on, we are getting late.

I covered up my joke, so that she won't do the same thing. Annika tried hard not to laugh and nodded.

Anni : Desperate Singh Oberoi."

She again gave me a new name and giggled.

We both walked out of the room and the scene in front of us made us to rub our eyes.

Annika made her mouth in O shape. Om was standing with Gauri in his arms and they were sharing a cute eyelock.

Soon they heard some voice like someone was clearing their throat. Gauri and Omkara separated. Gauri looked around, saw us giving them a teasing look and ran away. I shot a glance at and Omkara and I smirked. Then I thought of pulling his leg. Not that we could do it everyday.

Shiv : Om what was that. Its your brothers wedding. Zara dhyan do uspar. Apna romance baadme karlena.

I teased him.

Om : I came here to call you but Gauri..."

My artist brother with long silky smooth hair tried his best to reason out his action.

Before he could complete Rudra came. Rudra was the body builder of the family, a charmer also Annika's partner in crime.

Rudy : Bhaiya-bhabhi if you both weren't ready to get married why are you'll wasting everyone's time. And O, Dadi sent you to get them na...

Shiv : Rudy, we are already too late. Let's move.

I asserted.

Annika and I walked down the stairs hand in hand, with both if my brothers behind us. I could see my whole family standing near the mandap, waiting for us with a bright smile.

There weren't too many guests. Only my side family and few important people. I know how much Annika wanted her family to be with her on such an auspicious day. But her family...I don't know what to say about the Murthy's.

Rudy : I thought that like in Hindi films nervousness hit you two and both ran away before the marriage.

Rudra exclaimed making everyone roll their eyes.

"Shut up Rudy." I and Omkara said at the same time.

Annika chuckled and pulled Rudy's cheeks as we reached down.

Anni : My cute lil bro. How can I leave you and go?

I nodded in disbelief.

Shiv : You and your little bro are sometimes too much annoying; don't you think so?

I pointed out. But it wasn't true. Rudy was more good as understanding her antics more than me sometimes.

Anni : Whatever. But now you don't have any ways to return back. Aapko abhi mujhe puri zindagi jhelna hoga.

Annika warned as we slowly walked to my Dadi.

Shiv : I know and its my pleasure.

I answered back, utter each word with sincerity.

My arms made their way to her bare her waist. I could feel her shiver a bit on my touch. Have I ever said how much I love the effect I have on her?

*~*~*~*~*~

Vote"comment"follow

Aruvi