Chapter 39

Nan : Om sir?

Om : Andar aa sakta hun?

Nan : Haan haan aaiye. Aap hi ka ghar hai.

Rikara, Ruvya, Priveer and Mallika get in.

Nan : (to Om) Yeh sab kaun hai?

She glanced at everyone's face and stopped at one face. Ranveer.

Nan : Ranveer Anna?

She saw Mallika besides him.

Nan : Mallika Di? Aap India shift hogaye?

Mallika and Annika chuckled at her question. Then Mallika nodded in a 'no'.

Everyone came in and settled in the hall. Shanaya on her daddy's lap.

Nan : Om sir aap yaha kaise? Koi kaam tha?

Shiv : Om sir! (He laughed) Tumhara Om sir mera bhai hai. So no Om sir, sirf Om.

Nan : Tumhara bhai. Mujhe nahi pata tha. So yeh Omkara ki girlfriend Gauri wahi Gauri hai, Annika ki friend?

Annika nodded in a yes. Rest everyone introduced themselves to Nandini. Rest of the day just passed with with their chats. At night everyone returned Oberoi Mansion. Even Nandini was emotionally blackmailed to stay with them at Oberoi Mansion.

At night,
Shivaay was working on his laptop. In these last few days, he couldn't give attention to the business. Even Annika was planning the themes of her next event. She handled not only an event management company but also a her parents company H&S empire along with Gauri. Shivaay was keeping a watch on her. He saw her shutting her laptop and moving towards the cupboard.

Shivaay's POV

I know that when matter is of her work, she never sees the time or anything. She just transforms in a workaholic person.(chuckling) Not to mention, I'm also one from those. We both were constantly working for last two hours. I had my important mail to be checked and sent, which would take more an hour. I was about to tell her to keep her precious work aside and go to the bed when I saw her shutting her laptop.

She seemed to be tensed, again. I don't know for what, but I'll ask her later. She was over the cupboard and removed something, a paper and a pen, I guess. She sat on the chair, keeping those things on the table, placing her hands on her head and she started writing. God knows what.

After few mins she got up and questioned me.

Anni : Aur kitni derr lagegi tumhe?

I shifted my attention from my laptop to her.

Me : Probably half an hour.

Anni : OK. Main garden mein jaa rahi hun. Just for a walk. Relax hone ke liye. Zyada kaam ho gaya.

I nodded and she left. I saw that the paper on which she was writing was just kept on the table with the pen over it. I again concentrated on my work. In few mins I saw that that paper flew from the table fell down near my leg. I saw that she has written something. I questioned my self, should I read this? No, its her letter and I can't read this. But what if she wants to tell me something and she couldn't because of which she wrote everything on this paper. At last I put the end on this debate by reading the letter or note or whatever it was

Annika's letter

~To my dear diary

Today after three years, I met Nandini. I was both, happy and sad. Happy because at least, I found my long lost friend. And sad because she turned out to be my sister's murderer. Not exactly murderer. Par un mein se ek.

If it would've been someone else than Nandini, then she would've been lying in the hospital bed now. But since I knew Nandini well, I know that she wasn't a bad tempered person. This thing made me think what actually could've happened to her that she turned to cruel to Shree. Even though she knew what Shree meant to me

Now I understood why did it. When we loose someone close to us, for us the whole world seems to be against us. Same thing happened with her. She too lost her loved one. That's so wrong happened to her

What she did to Shree was wrong. But she wasn't the only one who was wrong. I was wrong too. I just called myself as her best friend for a sake. I wasn't with her when she needed me.

I was so drowned in my own problems, my own world that I couldn't even realiz what was happening with her. She was pregnant, I didn't knew. Her parents were killed in such a brutal way, I didn't knew. God knows how she took care of herself and her baby alone.

Her parents died in front if her eyes. I couldn't even handle looking at NY parent's body. I can't even think about how much she suffered at that time.

Main haar gayi. Naa ek achi dost bann payi naa ek achi behen. Neither I could save Shree from her death nor Nandini from this society. I failed. As a sister and even as a friend......

I understood that this was a page from her diary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone, hope that this is at least a good update.

Through that Annika's letter, I wanted to tell about her internal turmoil and why did she didn't punished Nandini.

Guys share ur ideas and views. Also do vote.

Lots of love😘😘
Aruvi🙋