Chapter 12

Rest of the day passed smoothly.
It was 10 pm. Everyone had just finished their dinner. Elders had already went to their rooms.
Here Shivaay was on a call.

Mallika : Anu, I think you should go and sleep too.

Mallika was very well aware of her sister's sleeping till late habits. But she also knew that Annika really wanted that everything should go well from now on. So this might be the first step of making it go well.

Ru : Di, we just finished the lunch. Why are you asking her to go back so soon.

Om : Dumbo, bhabhi has to get up early, right? So she'd better go to sleep now.

Anni : Om's right, I'll go. Good night.

She went mumbling 'God knows how he's gonna wake me up. '  For last three years, Annika had never been up before seven in the morning. Her sleeping habits always concerned everyone.

Shiv : Where's Annika?

Shivaay, who'd just returned after finishing an important business call, found his wife missing.

Ru : Bhabhi went back to your room. She was sleepy.

Shiv : Sleepy? Annika?and that also this early?

Mallika : Shivaay, we sent her back to let her sleep early and wake up early. But I never thought that her laziness will become an issue one day.

Shiv : Its okay. I'll leave too.

Everyone nodded and Shivaay rushed to his room. After chit-chat rest everyone also left.

In Shivika's room

Shivaay : (to himself) I know that to wake early her I have to wake more early than her.

So he sets the alarm of 3:00. He knew that Annika doesn't wake up by the alarm's sound. So he has to wake her. And as usual her will throw tantrums.

At 3:00
Alarm rings and Shivaay wakes. He thinks to fresh n up first and then wake her. Nearly at 3:30 he came out of the washroom. He saw his wife peacefully sleeping. For few mins he was admiring her when the reality hit him that he has to wake her.

He went near her, sat on the bed and started caressing her hair

Shivaay : Annika wake up. Remember we have to go to the temple. Get up before someone comes to wake you up.

Annika : Shivaay just five mins more please, pinky promise I will get up.

Saying this, she rolled to the other side if the bed. Shivaay chuckled at the childishness of his wife. He turned towards the wall clock and saw that it was 3:45 am. Shivaay thought something and smirked.

Shiv : Let's see how come you won't wake up now.

He bent down and kissed her forehead, then eyes and her nose. He moved towards her lips but she pulled up the duvet and covered her face. Shivaay again thought of something.

Shiv : Annikaaaa

Shivaay screamed near her ear. She got up with a jerk and screamed with her closed eyes.

Anni : chor chor, bachao mujhe, chor chor......

Shivaay saw laughing aloud.

Annika heard someone laughing and then she opened her eyes. She saw her husband was laughing. She used to love to see him laughed but today she was much annoyed.

Anni : What was this Shivaay? Such a cruel way to wake up someone. You disturbed my sleep. What's the time anyway?

She glanced at the watch and then with anger looks at Shivaay.

Shiv : (sighs) Come on get up.

Anni : Why? Its just four am.

Annika said and went back to sleep.

Shiv : Do you have a habit of forgetting things happened on the previous day after going to sleep? Mandir nahi jaa
na?

Hearing this, it clicked her and she instantly sat up straight. She sheepishly grinned at her scowling husband.

Anni : Sorry, I just forgot about it.

That's when Janhvi and Pinky knocked on their door. Shivaay opened the door and stepped back to let them in. Janhvi and Pinky had brought Shagun for their eldest daughter in law.

Pinky : O my mata, Annika you get up late na? I thought that we have to wake you up.

Shiv : Pinky Maa, I woke her up.

Janhvi placed the plate in her hand with a saree and a jewellery set on the besides Annika.

Janhvi : Annika, this is the shagun for today's Pooja.

Annika : Thanks Janhvi Maa.

Pinky : OK Annika, get ready. We'll go and wake up the other kids.

Pinky and Janhvi then left leaving Annika smiling at the saree they left for her. She left herself being so lucky to find a family like the Oberoi's. These people cared too much for each other, loved each and were happy with each other. And now, she was a part of that lovely family.

Then she remembered something.

Anni : Shivaay, you remember right what day it is today?

Shiv : Yes, I do. Don't worry, we'll go there after the Pooja is finished.

She smiled at him and jumped out of the bed, picked up the saree and rushed inside the bathroom.