Chapter 49

Annika's POV

We just lied down on the sand with my head on his chest, my hand around his torso and his arms securely wrapped around me. There was too much of silence prevailed in the air. Only the sound of the waves hitting the shore was audible. I relaxed.

I glanced at him, his eyes were closed and a satisfactory smile played on his lips. Then a thought hit me and I nudged him so that he could open his eyes but the smile never left his lips which made my heart swoon.

Me : Shivaay its too cold and dark here, hum hut house tak kaise pohonchenge?

Shiv : Anni darling, mat bhulo ki tumhara pati Shivaay Singh Oberoi hai and nothing is impossible for Shivaay Singh Oberoi.

I mummered 'tadidaaz singh oberoi' .

Shiv : I heard it.

Me : (I groaned) You were meant to be.

Shiv : We can stay back here in this mansion.

I snapped him

Me : Toh tumne hut house kyun kharida when you had a mansion here.

Shiv : To surprise everyone.

Anni : Oh, OK.

I got up, dusted the sand and held my hand out indicating him to get up. He got up and we walked towards the mansion with his arms around my shoulder.

Shiv : Waise jis room mein tumne change kiya woh aaj raat ke liye thik hai.

I only hummed in response as I was too tired to think anything. Last thing I remembered is him making me lie down on a bed an the snuggling beside me.

~*~*~

Next morning

I heard someone constantly trying to wake up. Koi aur toh nahi aasmaan se tapkega! Obliviously my Pati-parameshwar. He opened the curtains causing the sunrays to hit me on my face. I turned to the other side.

Me : Why the hell you never let me sleep Shivaay?

I heard him mummering 'Kumbhakaran'. After few seconds I was lifted from the bed. I snapped open my eyes to see Shivaay carrying me outside.

Me : Why are you carrying me?

Shiv : I wasn't left with any other option. And yeh, mujhe apni biwi ko uthane ke liye kisiki permission ki zarurat nahi.

I blushed hearing this and also tried to hide it from my darling husband with my hair.

Shiv : Don't try to hide your red cheeks.

I know, fighting with him is waste of time. Instead I turned my attention to the important things I have to do.

Me : We are returning today, right? I need to be there soon. Few things are to be taken care off.

Shiv : I know.

He let me stand on my own feet on the terrace of the mansion. I saw that our private jet has already landed. He informed that luggages from the hut house are already placed in the jet. The only thing I need to do I board on the jet. I looked at myself, I was still in the yesterday's black gown and my hair was completely messy

Shiv : You can shower inside the jet, you know that.

Me : yeah

***5 hours later***

We just landed and I was sitting, sipping my coffee with the Shivaay, Om, Rudy, and Gauri. Elders were off to Delhi to attend some wedding Prinku and Anna went somewhere out. Harshad was with Nandini for her protection. I think this is nice thing. They both need to move on. At least for their daughter.