Chapter 26

Har : Pata nahi kya aisa acha kaam kiya hai jo tum yaha, aise mujhe propose kar rahi hai. Par, I think that you deserve a better person than me.

Shree : Oh Harshad, this dialogues have become much old. Try something new. And yeah, for the point of you not deserving me, don't worry. I'll change  you into a better and deserving person. But for now, answer me. Do you love me? Will you always be with me in all the best and worst circumstances? Or I have to find someone else more deserving than you..

Har : No, I mean no need of searching for someone else because I love you. Yes, I love you, I love you, I love you. (Sighing) I love you a lot Shreeja.

Rest of his words died when Shreeja placed her lips on his. Harshad was shocked by her act. Shreeja realized that he wasn't responding so she pinched his arm. He came out of his shock and started responding. Both were kissing each other passionately without caring about the people around them.

If oxygen wasn't been the problem then they never would have been parted away. They made each other wear the chain they were gifted.

Many were clapping, hooting and whistling. As HarEeja parted panting and breathing deeply, they joined their foreheads. Both were grinning widely.

Anni : Shree there are more people surrounding you. Don't go into your own world of love...

Ran : (teasingly) Shree your big bro is also here. Aren't you embarrassed?

Shree : Anna, you are forgetting something. It was my dare to kiss Harshad. I was just completing it. And Anu, why are you still on your knees. Don't say that Shivaay didn't except your proposal.

Shreeja face palmed.

Anni : Its okay. I understand he doesn't loves me. Its okay then. Instead of Shreeja I'll find a guy for me.

Instantly Shivaay replied

Shiv : Nahi, I mean aisa nahi hai.

Anni : Shiv please time waste mat karo. Jo bolna hai jaldi bolo.

Ran : Yaar Shivaay, prepare your dialogues later. For now just answer her in a yes or no. Beahari kabse aise hi baithi hai.

Shiv : Annika, how to say....um....I mean...I..that..

Suddenly fire alarm rang and everyone started running here and there. Smoke was spreaded everywhere in the air. Being a victim of claustrophobia, shivaay couldn't tolerate the amount of smoke and started coughing badly. Seeing his condition, Annika also started panicking.

Anni : shiv, shiv tum tension mat lo. Sab kuch thik hai. You just breath, ju...just bre....breath okay.

Everyone were scattered here and there. Annika kept on patting shivaay's back. Smoke made it impossible to see distant things. Mostly till now everyone left.

Ran : Anu, first you calm. If you'll be freaking out then how'll you hands him. Take him out in some open space. Go hurry up.

Till then Shivaay collapsed. Annika and Ranveer made Shivaay stand on his feet and put his arms around their shoulders on each side and made a way out of the hall. Now just Hareeja were left.

Shree : Chalo we'll also move out from here. Nahi toh pata chala hi abhi hamare jaan ko aafat aa gayi.

But Harshad wasn't paying any attention to her words. Instead he was looking here and there.

Shree : Whom are you searching?

Har : Fire!

Shree : Fire? (Putting her hands on her hip) Whom so you want to burn man. Come on we need to leave.

Har : Listen carefully Shree. Smoke is everywhere in the air. But where is the fire. What has been burnt?

Shree : Let's find out.

She saw here and there trying to locate 'the fire'. Suddenly her gaze fixed at a place.

Shree : Harshad look there (She pointed towards the back door of the hall which led to the back gate of the college.) Smoke is coming from that place. I sure that something...

Near the front gate,

Ranveer and Annika brought shivaay there. She gave him some water to drink. Now that he was OK she called Shreeja.

Anni : Shree where are you two. Ate you okay? Is Harshad okay?

Shree : Anu both of us are okay! You just rush towards the back gate. We'll meet there. Come soon.

Anni : But.....

Shree : Anu come fast. We are heading there.

Anni : Yeah coming..

She hanged. Ranveer questioned her why is Shreeja still not out of the hall. Annika just repeated what Shree said. Ranveer was consoling but he still nodded.

Till now no one was left in the college. Everyone ran away taking their vehicles, with their friends. They didn't even bother to check that if someone is in danger or make a call to the fire station informing them about this mess.

HarEeja rushed near the back gate. What they saw there shocked them to the core. There was a machine which was emitting smoke.

Shree : This useless machine was emitting this smoke? Is there any malfunctioning in it?

Har : No way Shree. This the machine used my our college to create a smoky or foggy surrounding just as in parties. But what is this machine doing here?

Shree : Emitting smoke idiot!

Harshad frowned I'm confusion.

Har : Haan. But this machine was kept in the store room. Who brought it here.

Shree : Wait! Wait! Fake smoke no fire. I didn't get this.

Harshad snapped his head to face her. He murmured "Shit, I guess this is a trap!"

Shreeja couldn't hear anything so she again questioned him what he murmured but then he was too much busy thinking that he didn't hear her.

Shree heard some sound nearby. She shook Harshad's hands. He looked at her with a tensed face. She couldn't understand anything. She saw blood draining away from his face looking behind her.

She turned behind but before she could see anything. Harshad gripped her hand and pulled her behind him. She stumbled. She could hear Annika calling out her name from somewhere. She saw two person standing in front of her and Harshad standing before her aa her shield.

Just in a flow of the second, one of them hit Harshad with an iron rod which they were hiding behind them. Harshad fell on the ground with a thud.

Shree : (screamed) Harshaaaad.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

1039 words.

Poor HarEeja! Just today they expressed their feelings and today only everything was on the verge of ending.

Why didn't Shivaay replied Annika?

Vote"comment"follow

Aruvi