Chapter 22

Valentina's POV

"Bye mother." I whisper as I sit next to my mums grave stone, I give it a kiss and get up hastily - I don't want to have another break down, not now.

The funeral went fine... Fine as in how a funeral should go. It was peaceful, there were tears and broken hearts, there was some soft music being played and there were a lot of people present.

I hope that this is how my mum would have wanted her send off to be; I don't know - I don't think there's a certain way that someone wants there funeral to be.
Or maybe there is but I feel like discussing something like that will mentally damage you

Luca again, he has been by my side through the whole thing. He's been good to me although last week we had a little argument. I'm not going to lie and put the blame on him, it was really my fault. I was being rude, just because I've lost someone doesn't give me a right to lash out at him. He has been good to me so I should be good to him.

I fix my black skirt up and dust off some dirt with my hands, I sigh and place my right hand on my head. I am just so tired and drained, depressed and stressed... It's honestly killing me.

I turn around and see my dad sitting on a bench, he is by himself and he is crying a bit. I slowly go over and sit down next to him, "Dad, I am here for you." I say softly, he looks at me and nods his head, he kisses my shoulder and gives me a sad sort of smile. "If you ever want to talk, I'm here, I promise." I say to him as he wipes his tears.

He puts his tissue in his pocket and sniffles, "Yes my dear, I know." He mutters, "I'll be fine - I hope - don't worry about me, life is too short for worrying and stopping your life for someone else."

"You're my dad, I'll always be there to stop whatever for you." I ell him honestly, he tries to cut me off but I beat him to it and say, "Don't say anything else. I'm here for you and I always will be, you don't have to deal with this on your own."

"Yeah, I know. You've always been there for me sweetie." He gives me a hug and then looks at me, "Go on, go home and get some rest and thank Luca for everything." He says, reminding me about Luca - he paid for most of the funeral even though I protested so many times, I don't know, I sort of still feel a little bit bad.

I nod my head and get up from the bench, I look at my dad again and frown before walking off. I see the chaffeur waiting by the door he opens the door for me and I go into the car, Luca is at the drivers seat and he looks at me, "You going be fine?" He sighs and I mutter a "yes", I have to be.

I have to be strong and I have got to look forward.

The car stops smoothly, Luca looks at me again I give him a little smile before awkwardly looking down at my fingers. From the corner of my eyes I can see him staring at me, it's as if he wants to say something but he doesn't know what to say.

"Thank you." I say to him as I turn my gaze back at him, he looks confused for a moment and then I carry on, "For the funeral, for the organising and for the mo-."

"It's the least I could do." He says and he cuts me off, he smiles at me and gets out of the car. I get out of the car as well and shut the door, we both walk into the house together and I take a deep breath. I take my coat off and my heels, I hang my coat up and put my shoes away before sitting down on the sofa.

Luca sits down next to me, "So what do you want to eat for dinner?" He asks me.

He's being nice again - it's cute but I know soon he will probably be rude again. I don't want to be judgmental and think ahead but I have to, I don't want to get so attached to him and then see my heart being broken.

"Nope, I'm fine. I'm not really hungry." I say to him, "I'm pretty tired actually so I'm going to head off to bed."

"Right..." He mutters as I get up and walk away.

I go to my room, take my pearl earrings off and put them away. I look at myself in the mirror and for a moment I actually feel like doing the whole self pitying thing... I've done it a few times and to be honest it messes me up. I'll just look in the mirror and see how my life is so unorganised, it's messy and it just goes on with no flow at all. Then I will start crying and I'll break stuff, it's insane.

I just hate living life like this, day in, day out - it's the same. I wake up, brush my teeth, eat breakfast and binge watch TV shows. Sometimes I'll attend parties or charity events, I want something more in life and that is why I'm definitely going through with my business plan. I've got to, I can't stand sitting at home and just relaxing.

It's time to work my ass off, it's time to help people and make sure that I actually make a difference. I want to help teenagers, that's what I need to do... And I will and no one will put me down. No one.

Can we get to 35 votes for the next chapter, lmao I asked on my last update for people to vote for the next chapter and they voted... Please vote my loves.

Thanks for reading, this book will soon get more spicy, I promise.

Byeeee. I'm going to get married to Grethan now ;)
Hehehhe both