Chapter 36

Luca's POV

I have just been checked over by the doctor; she has said everything will be okay with me. I only have a few cuts and bruises, some damaged ribs - but yeah I'm still okay. She told me if I feel even a little bit unwell I should get checked over again.

I am now waiting out of Valentina's hospital room, I am so worried - I just hope that she will be okay, I can't lose her, she's the best thing in my life and losing her would be the end of me.

The whole thing about the money, there is no doubt that I am still confused but right now I don't care about that, all I care about is Val, I just want and need her to be okay.

Valentina has helped me through so much, she has made me feel so much goodness in my life. She has been the light in my dark world, she has given me hope and she has made me happy. I don't know where I would be without her, all I know is that I wouldn't be happy.

I sigh and then take a deep breath, I am feeling extremely anxious.

The thing with Mel is still hurting my brain - that was just so unusual and just crazy. The b*tch seriously just lost it and I have no idea why. The way she had everything planned, that evil smirk of hers and the way she acted as if she owned everything made me wants to punch her.

The police found her remains, she is dead and I don't feel one bit of sorrow. I don't know what her problem was at all, it was just crazy and so unexpected,

I am feeling more and more anxious, it's getting on my nerves, I just want to see Valentina right now, I need to see how she is doing.

"Luca... Luca!" I hear Emma shout as she runs towards me, she gives me a hug, I hug her back and then she says, "What happened?"

I look at her and I'm unsure what to tell her, I just whisper, "It will all be okay." She furrows her eyebrows and then frowns before sitting down on a chair next to me.

I then look at my dad, he looks at me with an unreadable expression and he sits down next to me as well. "I'm sorry son." He says to me, "Just know that I'm here for you... Both of you."

I give him a nod and a hug, "Dad?" I mumble, "What if she doesn't make it?"

"She will, she's a strong girl." He tells me, he then sighs and stutters, "I heard about the... Money thing."

"I don't care about it." I shrug my shoulders and frown, "I just care about Val. Yeah, she took the money but there has to be some other explanation or something."

"I don't know what to say son." He mutters and then takes a deep breath. "I just want her to be okay, she's nice and she isn't like the other girls that you've been with."

"No, no she isn't." I agree with him. I just sit there silently and occasionally look at my phone to see the time.

A doctor comes out of Valentina's room and straightaway I get up from my seat, I go towards her and ask, "Is Valentina going to be okay?"

"Well we are doing more tests... She is stable and it's looking good." She informs me, "But we will know more about her condition after all the test results."

"Thanks." I say to her, "When will I get to see her?" I ask with curiosity. I really want to just talk to her, I want to hear her voice and I want to see her beautiful smile.

"In an hour or two she should be awake and then you can." She says with a smile, I give her a nod and another "thanks" before she walks away. I go back to my seat and sit down, I tell my dad everything and Emma just sits there looking sad and confused as ever.

"Luca?" She calls my name, I look at her and she gives me sad smile, "Is Valentina going to be okay?" She asks me.

"Yeah." I whisper to her, "I hope."

"I hope that she is okay as well." Emma chimes, "She's so pretty and kind, she's like my best friend."

I chuckle and can't help but to smile, a tear drops from my eye and Emma shapes her mouth into an 'o' shape, "Are you crying?" She asks me in exasperation.

"No." I wipe away my tears and lie, she rolls her eyes and then gives me a hug.

"It's okay to cry." She says, "Boys can cry."

"I'm not a boy." I state and she laughs. "No, I'm sorry you're not, you are an old grandad." She says to me and I shake my head at her adorable silliness.

"I'm going to grab a coffee, do you want one?" My dad asks me as he gets up from his chair.

"Yeah." I reply, "Please." It's going to be a long night and I need it to stay awake, I want to be there when Valentina is awake, I want to talk to her so badly, I miss her already.

My dad gets me my coffee and then sits back down next to me, I let the coffee cool down and then I take a few sips. I give Emma my phone so she can play some games on it, she's already getting tired and impatient.

After half an hour, I yawn and rub my eyes, I look at my dad and I just say, "Dad just go home, I'll be fine. I'll call you if there's anymore news on Val - you should go, Emma is getting tired and it is getting pretty late."

"But I want to see Valentina." Emma frowns and she hugs me, she yawns and then whispers, "But I think I'm going to go to sleep though."

"That's why you need to go to rest, I'll see you tomorrow and then you can visit Val." I tell her, she gets up from her chair and then nods.

"Okay, well I will see you later." My dad says to me as he also gets up from his chair, "Make sure you call me and tell me how she is doing." I give him a nod and smile. He walks away with Emma I just sit down on the chair, I'm lost in my thoughts.

I don't know what to think, my head is all over the place. I love Valentina, I know I do but look at what she has done, I don't know if I can just ignore it and forgive her.

I don't know what do anymore...