Chapter 50

Valentina's POV

"They have finally arrived. " Luca says happily as he opens the door, he looks back at me and I get up from the sofa and walk towards the door.

"Hey." I say to them, my dad is here, Emma is here and so is Daniel; this is fantastic, I have missed them so much. "Come on in." I say as I usher them in.

We all go into the dining room, the table is set, rose scented candles are burning and everything feels ever so lovely and warm.

Emma runs up to me and gives me a bone crushing hug, "I really missed you." She says in a whisper, she looks at me sadly and then furrows her eyebrows, "Why didn't you come to visit?"

I look at her sorrowfully, honestly, I don't know why I didn't. I haven't been doing anything else, I frown and then just give a stupid excuse - which is a lie - "I have been busy Emma, I am sorry."

"I am just happy to see you now." She gives me a cute smile and a high five, she pulls out a chair and then looks at me before pulling out another chair, "You have to sit by me Valentina." She says happily as she looks at me.

"Of course." I say and I give her a smile, yes, I have really missed her. She is like a bright light in this dark world, she is absolutely adorable.

Daniel, my dad and Luca all sit down at the table as well - Luca is on the other seat next to me, Daniel and my dad are opposite me. I give them a smile and then ask them both, "So how has everything been then?"

"Things have been alright." Daniel answers, "Emma has been driving me crazy." He chuckles, "She has missed being with you."

"Well Mr Marino, I have missed her too, a lot." I say to him and then I look at Emma who is grinning at me.

"How have you been dad, everything alright?" I ask him, hoping that he is well.

"I am okay my dear." He says softly, "Things have been quiet, I have missed you..."

"I am so sorry dad, I don't know why I didn't visit." I shrug my shoulders, "Things have been... Hectic and I don't know..."

"We ordered some food." Luca says ecstatically, "How does pizza sound right now Emma?" He asks as he looks at her.

"It sounds so good right now, I love pizza." She replies as she gives him a hug, "Thank you, big bro."

"No problem little sis." He chuckles as he hugs her back, "I have missed you."

"I missed you too." She says to him, "But I missed the pizza more."

"Of course you have." Luca murmurs as he shakes his head and chuckles.

"Um..." I look at Luca, he looks at me and gives me a nervous sort of smile, "We have some news." I say, I am freaking out right now and I don't even know why.

"Yeah we have something we want to tell you." Luca nods his head and he holds my hand, gives it a little kiss and I smile at him before looking at Daniel and my dad.

"I am pregnant." I tell them and I take a deep breath. There is a moment of silence before I hear Emma screaming.

"You're having a baby?" She jumps out of her chair and hugs me, "Oh my goodness!" She smiles.

"Really?" My dad smiles, "Oh my god, this is lovely news."

"It's happy for you both." Daniel says, "This is really fantastic news..."

Luca and I look at each other, we are confused nonetheless... We thought we would be getting mixed reactions but everyone seems very happy.

"Oh." I laugh and then shake my head, "Thanks, I honestly didn't expect this kind of reaction."

"Neither did I." Luca chuckles as he takes a sip of water, "We were sort of nervous... About telling you both." He says quietly.

"Why?" Daniel asks, "Why would you be nervous?"

"I don't know... This is all new to us and it's sort of scary I guess." I say in a mumble.

"Oh princess." My dad says enthusiastically, "Don't be nervous, I am happy for you, truly I am. As long as you are both happy, then everything is good."

"Yeah, I am really happy for you, both of you." Daniel says happily.

"It is lovely to see you both just fall in love." My dad says as he nods his head. "It's unexp-."

"Dad." I say as I grit my teeth and I let out an awkward laugh, I make my eyes huge and basically signal him to stop talking; Luca's dad doesn't know the full story of what happened between us and I don't know how he will take that.

He still thinks we met at the casino and all that bull crap, he doesn't know the truth and that makes me feel really sh*tty.

Daniel looks at Luca and raises one eyebrow, "What's wrong?" He asks and then he chuckles, he looks very confused, "What do you mean by just fall in love? I... Eh?" He furrows his eyebrows and then looks at me, I look guilty, I know that already. My heart is beating out of my chest right now.

"There is something else you should know." Luca starts off by saying as he looks at me, he then sighs and looks at his dad, "Val and I... I lied to you, about the whole thing-."

"What are you on about?" Daniel asks him with curiosity.

"We never met at the casino." I tell him abruptly, I take a deep breath and look at my dad, he just looks upset, I carry on, "We were never in love - not at first, but we are now..."

"James owed me money." Luca says firmly, he rakes his fingers through his hair and then says, "He owed me a lot of money, I said if I marry his daughter, Val, then he won't have to pay the money; he didn't really have a choice or a say in this."

The tears start forming but I quickly wipe them off, just knowing, just remembering that the start of our relationship, our marriage was all a sham makes me feels so upset and hurt. I know that Luca loves me now, and I love him so much, I just wish we knew each other differently though.

"Oh god." Daniel murmurs as he gets up from his chair, "I have heard enough." He shakes his head.

"Dad please, wait, sit down." Luca says as he also gets up from his chair.

"Why?" He asks, he closes his eyes for a second before saying, "Why do this to her?"

"It's fine, I am fine." I say to Daniel with honesty.

"No, it is wrong." Daniel responds and he sighs, "And you've been lying to me all this time." He says as he looks at Luca.

"I'm sorry dad." Luca mutters, "Really, I am, please, just sit down."

Daniel sits back down and groans, "This is just crazy." He mumbles, "I am really disappointed in you Luca."

"Dad, I am sorry alright." Luca says to him.

"I don't think I understand what is going on." Emma jumps into the conversation, "What happened? Why are angry dad?"

"It's fine darling, don't worry about it." Daniel responds to Emma, she looks so adorable and innocent, confused as well, she nods her head and then sighs.

"I'll just wait for my pizza." She says in a mumble, "Pizza understands me and I understand pizza."

Well isn't that the truth...

You all deserved a chapter (updated quicker than usual)

I love you all so much. I'm trying to get better, counselling is helping and yeahhh - :)