Chapter 26

Valentina's POV

So by now I am sure that I have a scar on my arms, this b*tch is not letting me go. What the hell does she want?

"Let go of me right now!" I shout at her as I try getting away from her, let's just say I fail and I'm still in the same place with her looking at me with hatred.

"So." She starts off with an evil grin on her face, "You're going to do something for me." She says, I furrow my eyebrows- excuse me, I think the f*ck not..?

"First of all what?" I ask with a confused look on my face, "And second of all why the hell would I do any damn favours for you?"

Mel starts laughing again in a really evil manner and again it sends a chill down my spine, she's um... Freaky. 

"Well from this day, every week you are going to transfer forty thousand pounds." She remarks, I look at her with astonishment, she can't be serious, there's no way that is happening. "If you don't, well something bad is going to happen, something really really bad. You see I've got people in high places, hitmen... You say one word about this to anyone and straightaway there will be a hit out on your dad."

"I don't believe you." I shake my head, she has got to be lying, she won't get away with this. "It's not going to happen so move the f*ck away from me before I-." Before I can finish off my sentence she strangles me and puts me against the wall. I feel instant pain and tears start to form in my eyes.

"You have got no idea what I am capable of." She smirks and chuckles, she grips onto my neck more harder and at that moment I honestly feel like I am going to pass out, "Do what I tell you to do or I will destroy your whole life. All I have to do is say a word and all the people I know will be out for you or your dad." She spits and then she roughly pushes me back and let's me go. 

I start coughing and taking deep breaths, tears go down my cheeks but I quickly wipe them away. I don't think I've ever been this scared in my life, nothing like this has ever happened to me before.

"Here is where you need to transfer the money to." She whispers as she passes me a paper with a code on it. "Even try to tell Luca and the people you love will pay for the consequences." She threatens me, she then walks off, leaving me standing there still next to the wall with tears in my eyes.

I take a deep breath and get back into the hall, as soon as I even enter the hall I see Mel glaring at me. I try my best for her words and glares not to have an effect on me, I try to compose myself and I start talking on the microphone again.

After thirty minutes Aidian goes up to the microphone and he starts talking. I sit down at the back of the stage next to Luca, he looks at me and I give him a little smile.

"What's wrong?" He asks me in a whisper, I can see that he is concerned, it's evident in his voice. I look at Mel for a second and I can see her giving me a sort of warning, I take a deep breath and shake my head.

"Nothing." I say to him, I feel my heart beating fast and my palms are getting sweaty, I fiddle with my fingers and see that he is unconvinced with my answer. I shrug my shoulders and laugh a little bit, "I'm fine, honestly."

"Yeah I don't believe you." He whispers to me, I give him a kiss on the cheek to distract him and I mumble, "It's nothing. I promise."

I can still see how he is unconvinced with my answer, but I can't tell him the truth. I just can't, I take a deep breath and just look and the audience.

After another thirty minutes it's time for starters, and I'm still very anxious and anxiousness equals to being more hungry than I am usually...

I sit at the table next to Luca, straightaway I start eating and drinking like crazy. First I drink a little bit of alcohol to calm my nerves but then I stop, it will be so embarrassing and bad if I am a stumbling mess.

"Wow you're hungry." Luca states and chuckles, I carry on sipping my Coke.

I nod my head really fast, "Yeah, yeah I am." I smile at him awkwardly. I lick my lips, put my drink down and get up, "Yeah I need to go to the bathroom right now." I say abruptly and then I walk away.

I go to the toilets, and look in the mirror. I take a few deep breaths before doing my business. I get back out and wash my hands, I fix up my hair and reapply my red lipstick. I stretch a little bit and whisper to myself, "You can do this." Before getting out and going back at the table.

I can cry at home, not now, it isn't the time to cry... I need to do what is important first. I need to just have this whole thing to be over and then I can go home, to my fancy room and sit on my bed - eat crisps and drink all night.

Just a few more hours to go...

Sorry for all these late updates, it's because if I start updating too quick I won't have anything to post for a long time - #writersblockisannoying

Please vote, comment and share

QUESTION - DC or Marvel

- I choose DC by the waysss x