Chapter 23

Valentina's POV

"Wake up sleepy head." I hear Luca's voice and I feel a light tap on my shoulders, I slowly peel my eyes open and look at him.

Oh crap, I just fell asleep at the business meeting! Seriously? I am such a flipping idiot. Absolutely pathetic, just a few days ago I said to myself I won't let anything stop me from reaching my goal and now the only thing that has stopped me is being absolutely sleep deprived.

"S-Sorry." I stutter as I fix up my hair - which is probably looking terrible right now - and I try adjusting my eyes to the bright light.

"It's quite fine Mrs Marino." Aidan says to me, I give him a little smile before shuffling my papers to find a clean page.

After a few seconds of shuffling I find a clean page and I grab my pen, I start writing notes and taking ideas from Luca, Aidan and Mel. The other one - who's name I have forgotten decided not to come to the meeting today which was fine by me, I really don't need more unnecessary drama in my life.

"So charity ball." Luca says as he gets up from his chair, from the corner of my eyes I can see Mel just eyeing him up and down.

I feel like ripping her eyes out...

"Yeah when should we do it?" I ask Luca, he smiles at me before looking at the calender displayed on the wall.

"How about next week, on Saturday?" He suggests and I nod, I look at Aidan and Mel who also give a slight nod.

"Well that's sorted then." I write down the date for the charity event on a piece of paper.

"I'll call you and we can then organise other stuff." Aidan says to me, I nod my head and give him a smile.

Luca gives me a glare as I roll my eyes, we're not even a real couple, he needs to calm down and stop getting so possessive.

"Let's go." Luca says in a bitter tone, I just get up and say goodbye to Aidain before walking out with Luca. I'm not going to argue with him anymore.

We get into the car, I sigh and look at Luca, "You okay?" I ask and he gives me a nod. He starts the car, and I just awkwardly sit there as the car drives in a steady pace.

The car ride is getting awkwardly silent and I don't like it very much, I look at Luca who has his full focus on his driving. I bite my lips and take a deep breath, I can sense that there is something wrong with him, he's barely speaking to me or anyone else which is weird.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, he looks ask me for a second before looking back at the road ahead of him.

"Nothing." He lies - yeah I'm not stupid, I know he is lying.

I scoff, "I don't believe you."

"My mum's step brother, he's still trying to get the club. I don't know what do to." He mutters the last few words. There's the real Luca... Always trying to hide any little bit of weakness, I shake my head. "What?" He asks me.

"You." I lie my head down on the window, "You hate showing a little bit of weakness and-."

"I'm not weak." He says abruptly, I roll my eyes.

"I didn't say that." I say to him, "What I'm trying to say is, sometimes it's good to show your emotions. I mean sometimes - no offense - I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall, and then other times its amazing, you're full of life and laughter. I like that you."

"I can't be that person though." He whispers as he parks up the car, the car stops and he looks at me. "I have to be like this, or I'll lose everything."

"Lose what?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"My money, my business-." He carries on and I close my eyes for a second.

I look at him dead straight in the eyes, "What about losing your sanity? What about you, your happiness, your life?" I ask him.

"That doesn't matter to me." He sighs.

"It does matter to you!" I shout a little bit, "I see the way you are when you're happy, you're relaxed and you're just worrying about yourself and the people you love."

He doesn't say anything, he just sits there with his adorable thinking face. I smile and then look at the sky, "Come on." I touch his hands, he looks at me and then I say, "Let's go somewhere."

"Where?"

"The cinema." I bite my lips, "Start driving."

"What, no I'm busy." He parks the car up and he tries to get out of the car but I hold onto his hand.

"Just today." I plead, "Come on, one day. Have some fun and relax."

He closes his eyes and sighs before starting up the car again, "The things I do for you." He mumbles, I let out a little laugh and he smiles at me.

He drives us both to the cinema; the drive is full of us chatting about life, laughing and I feel happy. Luca is finally opening up to me and that makes me feel so good.

The car stops, he looks at me and I look at him, "You ready?" He asks me and I give him a nod.

We both get out of the car and we go into the cinema, there are lights and displays everywhere, oh and a massive popcorn machine. I look at it and then I look at Luca, he looks at me and chuckles. "Fine you can have some popcorn." He says, I jump up and suddenly, very unexpectedly...

I kiss on the cheek before dragging him all the way to the popcorn machine and getting popcorn.

EXTRA LARGE...

Like Luca's -

Mansion. What did you all think I'm going to say?

After fifteen minutes of Luca and I arguing over which movie to watch, we finally decide to watch 'A quiet place'.

Hey loves, thank you for reading! THANKS FOR THE VOTES, THANKS SO MUCH!

Anywaysssss - Yeah okay, can we get 60 votes for the next chapter, might take a while longer but if it takes too long then I will just update as like how I usually do. ]

So Vote, Comment and Share.

Follow me please.

Song - Taylor Swift - Delicate.