Chapter 40

Luca's POV

The past few weeks have been the most dreadful and most difficult, I am so stressed out about every single thing and it is making me over think  - my brain hurts from all this thinking. 

So Henry is back and I know he won't go down without a fight, he is a man who is very full of himself and he is heartless. Henry will do whatever it takes to get what he wants and that's what sort of scares me.

When he came to my house the other day I was very shocked; I don't know I was expecting too much. Just seeing his face made me think, maybe he will be civil and just talk to me, tell me how I am doing since the accident. He doesn't care though, even if I was dead it wouldn't make a difference to him - even though we are technically family... Hmm, that word it really just means nothing.

Words are just words but actions are what really make things believable. It makes you think that people can really change.

When Henry came over I was also baffled by something else - my Val, wow, that punch that she gave him was amazing. I was and am so proud of her, the look on my face when that punch hit Henry was just fantastic.

Valentina just showed so much power, it was extremely sexy. I just had to say, "That's my girl." Because she really is and that makes me the happiest man ever.

I really do love her; at first loving her was scary, love wasn't a feeling that I felt that much until I met Valentina. I'm so lucky to have her in my life, she's the best thing that's happened to me - to be honest, I wish I knew her earlier, I wish I met her and we fell in love properly. Wish we had dates, events to go to and then plan our marriage. That's something she probably would have wanted, to find true love and to see what kind of man I really am.

No, I'm not the best of men but I try to be. Being with Valentina has made me a better person - she has changed me - she has made me think about life more, she has looked after me and I am so thankful for that.

Today I'm meeting up with Henry, I'm at work right now, in my office. I'm looking out of the massive window, the view from up here is fabulous. You can see so many buildings, you can see parks, people, and it makes you think about life so deeply.

I sigh and take a sip of water from my glass, I look at my watch - Henry is twenty minutes late and he is pissing me off. I have cancelled other meetings for this piece of crap who can't even be bothered to turn up. I don't like people wasting my time like that.

I sit down on my black leather chair, I turn on my computer and reply to some of emails.

Then there's a knock on my door, "Come in." I say as I'm still typing away on my computer. I then look at my secretary she smiles at me and then says, "Mr Blake is here to see you." She tells me, "Should I bring him up?"

"Yes please." I say to her, she nods her head before closing the door and leaving.

I close my eyes for a second, I don't know what I am really going to say to Henry. All I know is I am going to get angry, let's just hope that I don't smash something up, and I don't want to go home angry because it's not nice for Valentina to see me unhappy, I don't want her to be stressed out over little things.

The door opens and there stands Henry, just looking at his face makes me angry, his presence really annoys me. I can't stand him, the b*stard thinks I am weak and pathetic, that I won't be able to run my businesses successfully - the guy is an absolute idiot... I have been running my businesses successfully for years and I am so pleased with it.

"Aren't you going to come in then?" I ask him as I furrow my eyebrows, he chuckles and nods his head, he walks into the room and closes the door.

Henry sits down opposite me, he looks at me and gives me an intimidating look, I know what he is trying to do. He is trying to make me feel weak, like I can't do anything but I will prove him wrong.

Honestly Henry is all talk; a lot of barking, no biting. He can't do anything, well not that much. He may be heartless and rich, but the thing he doesn't have is love or courage. He tries acting brave with the whole 'I'm bad' look, the tattoos and the built body, it proves nothing.

Henry then speaks up and says, "So I'm here." He shrugs his shoulders, "Let's talk."

"Talk?" I furrow my eyebrows and scoff, "Please Henry, there is no point in trying to act civil now."

"I'm not." He says blandly, "Just know that I will get that club, I'll make it bigger and better."

"Really now." I mumble, he nods his head and I raise my eyebrows and laugh, "You don't deserve it, you never will."

"It's a club." He sneers, "There's supposed to be brothels, strippers and madness."

"It was my mothers club." I raise my voice a little bit, "The things that you are doing... She wouldn't have wanted it, just because it's a club doesn't mean that it has to be full of filth!" I snap at him causing him to roll his eyes.

"Your mum was too nice... Too naive." He says to me, I grit my teeth trying not to get angry, trying not to break something or just punch him on the face again.

"Don't you dare talk about my mum like that." I slam my hands on the wooden table, "She was a good person, I want to do what is right - what she would have wanted."

Henry let's out an evil and spine chilling chuckle, "And how do you expect to do that?"

"How else?" I ask him as I furrow my eyebrows, "I have got many successful businesses, you're acting as if I don't know how to run a damn club!"

"You're twenty six years-." I cut him off, I don't have time for his stupidity.

"I know how old I am, f*cking hell, I'll appreciate it if you don't waste my time." I say sternly, "There was nothing on my mum's will about the club but there are other things, either way I am going to get the club and I will make it better - without the brothels and the stupid undercover drug selling." I roll my eyes and Henry takes a deep breath.

"Who told you about the whole drugs thing?" He questions me and I roll my eyes again, this guy is an idiot.

"You just did." I smirk; he also doesn't know that I have got everything recorded, everything he is saying will help me and my case. It will help me win my mother's club fully, and when I own it I will make sure to keep it well.

I know Henry, and the things that he is going do to my mums club won't be nice for anyone. His selfishness will just ruin everything about it and he will change the name of the club - that's never going to happen - it was my mum's place and it still is going to be, the only difference is that it will be managed and kept nicely by me.

"So what?" He asks me, "What are you going to do about it? No one is going to believe you."

"Oh don't you worry." I mutter and give him a fake smile, "They will."

"No they w-." Yeah, he tries to say something again but I cut him off, his voice annoys me.

"Yeah." I mumble and then say a bit louder, "Get the f*ck out of my office."

"I'm not done talking." He tells me and he remains in his seat.

"Well I am." I say as I get up from my chair, Henry gets up from his chair as well and leaves the room after giving me the most scariest of death stares ever.

Whatever, I'm going home to see my gorgeous wife.

Thank you so fricking much for reading, my loves, I love you all so much.

Sorry for the late updates... Maybe one day I'll explain why? Idk.

Please vote, comment and share - I loved writing this chapter because Luca was swearing a lot, lmao; I'm dumb peace out.

Follow me pleasettyplease.

Song - Sia - Elastic Heart