Chapter 66

Valentina's POV

It's the day of the court hearing, the day that I will be able to see Brittany go to jail. Honestly, I am so excited, this is going to be great.

If anyone was wondering, yes, it was Brittany who vandalised Luca's car. The b*tch obviously didn't do it herself, she payed someone else to do it.

What an absolute idiot - because of that stunt she pulled, she is definitely not getting away with anything at all. If only she kept quiet and she never fussed maybe she would have somehow gotten away with it. I don't know, it's a f*cked up world, a lot of people get away with a lot of things.

I sit down on the chair, I see Luca standing up, he has his lawyer beside him and he gives me a smirk. I shake my head, last night he was so excited and he was just telling me how he can't wait to see Brittany behind bars.

Sitting besides me is my dad and Emma, and next to Emma on her other side is Daniel. We are all here as a family, it's just fantastic.
Emma wasn't supposed to be here thought, but she insisted, she practically started begging Daniel and then nagging me. She's just too cute, I couldn't say no.

At the back seats there is Hailey, Noah, Ariana and Enzo. They all want to watch the show go down, and they are all very excited.

- TIME SKIP - Why? Because I seriously don't know how to write a whole court scene. So if you read the next few bits and be confused, I'm sorry.

"Have you reached a verdict?" The judge asks to the juries.

"We have your honour." One of the juries, a man probably in his mid fifties speaks up, "In the case of the commonwealth, versus Brittany Blake, we, the jury find the defendant guilty of robbery."

"This is bull sh*t!" Henry gets up from his seat and screams.

"Sit down and be quiet before you are removed from this court room." Says the judge.

And here I am, trying to not laugh, Henry hates me and Luca. But his own wife, Brittany has almost made him bankrupt, why the hell is he still protecting this evil woman?

Henry sits down on his seat, he is muttering something under his breath and Luca is just there looking smug, he gives me a smirk and whispers, "This was too easy."

I nod my head and give him a smile, this was just amazing. Emma walks over to me and gives me a hug, she looks at me and laughs, "Is Brittany going to be locked up?" She asks me.

I nod my head, "Yes, she is." I say to her as I hug her back.

"Well thank the Lord for that." She mumbles as she let's go of me and then sits down on her seat. I chuckle and then look at her, she's just amazing.

"Finally this is all over." Daniel mutters, I look at him, he looks tired but happy as well. I put my arms around him and ask him, "You okay?"

"Yeah... Yeah, I am fine." He gives me a firm smile.

My dad then looks at me and says, "She's finally getting what she deserves."

"Yeah, she is." I say to my in a whisper, I give him a little smile and then I say, "And so is Luca, he is finally getting his happiness, what he deserves."

- TWO HOURS LATER, BACK AT LUCA'S AND VALENTINA'S HOUSE -

"For some reason we always find ways to celebrate." Luca shakes his head and laughs, he gives me a kiss on the forehead and I give him a smile.

"Things are looking good aren't they?" I say to him happily, I give him a hug and then I sit down on the sofa next to Hailey who is busy eating a bunch of flaming hot crisps.

Luca puts up his glass of red wine and says, "To happiness, family and friends."

"Amen to that." Daniel says with a smile.

"To happiness." Emma repeats as she sits down on the sofa next to me, "I'm so fed up of feeling sad when the fridge is empty." She states.

I look at her and just burst out laughing, so does everyone else in the room, including Luca, Daniel, Enzo, Noah, my dad, Hailey and Ariana.

Hailey sits down on a chair and then says, "Emma, I totally understand you sweetie."

"Yeah I bet you do." Emma responds with a grin, "It always happens doesn't it?"

Luca sighs, "Emma, stop talking." He exasperates.

"Don't tell me what to do, you are not the boss of me." Emma says sharply to Luca as she narrows her eyes and pouts her lips.

A few more hours are spent with my friends and my family; we eat at the huge oak table, talk and laugh together, the sub goes down and the lights go on, candles also lighting up the room. The feeling of warmth, love and happiness is filling up  the whole room and I am so grateful for everything.

My family and my friends, they mean everything to me. I love them dearly, I just wish my mum was here as well, and Luca's mum was here too.

But I am happy, happier than I have ever been. I would have never guessed that my life would turn out this way, that I would be married to Luca Marino, that we would fall in love, I really wouldn't have it any other way...

Ummmmmm, basically I've been distracted all yesterday and 1000 days before yesterday because I have a crush on someone that I shouldn't have a crush on!!! Help.

Okay bye, good night I'm going to dream about marrying this guy right now.

The next upcoming chapter will be the last my loves... *cries*