Chapter 30

Valentina's POV

"Yeah I think that I'm blind now." I say to Luca as I'm still squinting my eyes, we go into the shops and I sigh. The paparazzi have got some serious issues, they were flashing their cameras like crazy.

Luca looks at me and takes a deep breath, "Well that was a challenge." He mutters, "Are you alright?" He asks me, I nod my head and then go to grab a trolley.

It's nice that Luca is being kind to me, and he has been for the past few weeks. I don't want it to stop, it makes me smile the way he cares for me but it's just surprising, I didn't expect him to be this way towards me.

Before he used to be so rude and he would scare me so much but now he is nice to me, he asks me how I am and it really does make my day a little better.

I look around, I don't really know what to buy for Emma. So she has just turned eight years old. I'm not sure what eight year old girls really like but I'm going to look around.

"I'll push the trolley." Luca offers, I smile at him and say, "Okay." He takes the trolley off me and we walk together down a few aisles, I keep my eyes open making sure not miss anything. I really want to get Emma a lovely gift.

I look around and see a box of cupcakes, there are ten cakes in the box all with different colours of icing and there are different flavours, it looks delicious. I put it in the trolley and then look around for more things, Luca looks at me and says, "I'll be back I'm just going to find an outfit or something for Emma." I give him a smile and a nod, he walks away while I carry on looking for more gifts for Emma.

I see a jewellery maker set, it's really cool - something I would have always wanted when I was a child, I put it in the trolley and carry on looking around. I also put in a pretty set of hair clips into the trolley as well as a necklace, all for Emma, I hope that she likes these gifts.

I also grab a card and put it in the trolley, I look at Luca who is approaching me with a few things in his hands, he puts it into the trolley. "That's a pretty dress." I say to him as I hold the dress he chose for Emma.

"Yeah, it really is. I hope she likes it." He smiles at me.

"I'm sure she will." I bit my lips unintentionally, Luca looks at me and I just awkwardly smile at him. "So... Uh, anything else we need to get?" I ask him and I take a deep breath.

He whistles awkwardly and then chuckles, "Um, no, no that's all." He says as he nods his head, "Let me pay for it, you can wait in the car if you want." He says to me and I shake my head.

I take some cash out of my pocket and give it to him, "I'll pay." I tell him and he furrows his eyebrows.

"No I'll pay." He says firmly trying to give me my money back.

"No I will." I argue back.

"No I will Val." He says and he rolls his eyes, "It's fine don't worry about it."

"I'm not." I shrug my shoulders and laugh. For a few annoying minutes we laugh and argue, he tries giving the money back to me but I keep giving it back to him. I finally just sigh and say, "Look I will pay for my things and you pay for your things."

"Nope." He says abruptly, "I am paying for it all."

"Luca." I sigh and frown, "Please let me just pay for my own things."

"Yeah." He mumbles, "No." He says loudly and he runs off with the trolley, I try catching up with him but he is super fast, he runs to the front to pay for the things and then he goes outside. I go outside and give him the "you've got to be kidding me" look.